+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Submitting Document after initial submission received by CIC

Stoon1984

Jan 8, 2014
Is it OKAY to submit 'one' additional document after my initial package was received by CIC very recently. This might not be a mandatory document but a good supporting document. Will CIC add it to the package? Any risk in doing this. This is just for the peace of mind (that I have submitted so and so document).

Has anyone done this?

daktrader

Apr 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Stoon1984 said:
Is it OKAY to submit 'one' additional document after my initial package was received by CIC very recently. This might not be a mandatory document but a good supporting document. Will CIC add it to the package? Any risk in doing this. This is just for the peace of mind (that I have submitted so and so document).

Has anyone done this?

Its Completely fine...

daktrader

Apr 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Stoon1984 said:
Thanks Daktrader - so you think they will dig into my file (received by CIC one week ago) and add the new document into it...
Yes they will...
Anytime an applicant sends something over gets added to the file...
Make sure you have 'Signature on Delivery' along with Tracking for all documents sent to their office.

rayman_m

Feb 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Stoon1984 said:
Thanks Daktrader - so you think they will dig into my file (received by CIC one week ago) and add the new document into it...
Can you share the kind of additional supporting you are sending which you think a good evidence towards residency?

daktrader

Apr 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rayman_m said:
Can you share the kind of additional supporting you are sending which you think a good evidence towards residency?
CBSA Records
OHIP Records
Payslips
CRA NOA
School Records (Children)
Mortgage Details
Bank Stmts

rayman_m

Feb 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So, you have missed children school record with initial submission? Does your OHIP record has frequent visits? I got one and I have 5-6 visits for general check up/tests in last 4 years but not every few month..

Flocan

Apr 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I was told by Cic they are opening applications received on/by 25th february so far.
So if further documentation is sent afterwards they will only open it in a few weeks time and the chance is they will return the original application before opening the new mail
Correct me if I am wrong but it would be different if they opened every envelope as they receive it

Stoon1984

Jan 8, 2014
Flocan said:
I was told by Cic they are opening applications received on/by 25th february so far.
So if further documentation is sent afterwards they will only open it in a few weeks time and the chance is they will return the original application before opening the new mail
Correct me if I am wrong but it would be different if they opened every envelope as they receive it
My take on this one - they 'open' envelope as they receive them and if they are 'complete' (initial assessment), then they are queued for processing and that is the timeline you have indicated. If the application is NOT complete, it will be returned to you within a week or two.

And by the way, the document I am referring to is : NOT a mandatory, required document.
Thank you for your comment

Stoon1984

Jan 8, 2014
rayman_m said:
So, you have missed children school record with initial submission? Does your OHIP record has frequent visits? I got one and I have 5-6 visits for general check up/tests in last 4 years but not every few month..
Pm'ed you.

Flocan

Apr 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for your reply
I thought the same but after many calls to call center I was told by them there is no preliminar assesment/opening of envelopes
That s maybe why some people on the forum had their application submitted in january/february and got them back 3 or 4 weeks afterwards because they were incomplete
That would confirm the fact there is no prio opening of files
No?

Stoon1984

Jan 8, 2014
Flocan said:
Thanks for your reply
I thought the same but after many calls to call center I was told by them there is no preliminar assesment/opening of envelopes
That s maybe why some people on the forum had their application submitted in january/february and got them back 3 or 4 weeks afterwards because they were incomplete
That would confirm the fact there is no prio opening of files
No?
I knew few guys who have received their application within a week 1/2 and 2 weeks, you would think it will take a week for the mail to arrive here... I do not know - just a guess game.

Flocan

Apr 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I agree but if it sould not take 1 or 2 weeks even worse for returns after pver a month no?
Anyway no one really knows ho ;)w the process takes place

gte439u

Sep 27, 2013
I submitted an additional document only after my file was transferred to the local office. The CIC Call Centre advised me it was best to wait for the file transfer.

Stoon1984

Jan 8, 2014
gte439u said:
I submitted an additional document only after my file was transferred to the local office. The CIC Call Centre advised me it was best to wait for the file transfer.
thanks