+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Submitting Citizenship application from outside Canada.

afraja

Aug 12, 2015
Hi,
We have completed 3 years in Canada couple of months ago and its time to submit our citizenship application, However my wife and childern are still outside of Canada and will be coming back next month. Can I submit the application for whole family if they are outside Canada or need to wait for then to be physically y in Canada at the time of submission ?

Thanks.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi,
We have completed 3 years in Canada couple of months ago and its time to submit our citizenship application, However my wife and childern are still outside of Canada and will be coming back next month. Can I submit the application for whole family if they are outside Canada or need to wait for then to be physically y in Canada at the time of submission ?

Thanks.
Your wife has to sign the application herself. You cannot sign on her behalf. So, you'll have to send the application to wherever they are, get the application form signed and send it back to you.

Also, how are you going to submit photos if they are not in Canada? The photos must be taken within the last 6 months and one of the photos MUST have the name and address of the photographer on the back.

I think it is better to wait for them to come back and then apply together. If you want to, you can apply earlier and your wife and children can send their applications together after they come back to Canada.

afraja

Aug 12, 2015
Thanks for your reply. Actually she has signed the document while outside of Canada last month and we have pictures 2 month old ? Is this OK to submit the application if she was Out of Canada at the time of signing application ?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Thanks for your reply. Actually she has signed the document while outside of Canada last month and we have pictures 2 month old ? Is this OK to submit the application if she was Out of Canada at the time of signing application ?
As far as I know, that shouldn't be an issue (at least I have not seen any issues surrounding this) but then, I have also NOT seen cases of applicants submitting applications while they are outside Canada.

IMO, if you have everything in place, proper signatures, photos with correct specifications and the photographer information on the back, I think you should be fine to submit their applications along with yours without issues.

But check with @scylla or @dpenabill and check if they have seen such cases before.

Good luck!