+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

submitting biometrics in another country

Apr 30, 2020
Hi everyone~

I'm currently applying for an initial study permit from the USA.
My major question is about biometrics: Because the U.S. biometrics offices are closed, I planned to submit my biometrics in China in June. My application is "applying from the U.S.", so I'm wondering if submitting biometrics in China would have a negative impact on my application?

Minor questions:
I'm currently on an F1 student visa opt working status. My status in the U.S. should be "WORKER" right?
Is there any additional material to be included other than the required materials? Do I have to fill out the optional imm5257b?

Thank you very much for your support.

yazzy51

Jan 29, 2020
My college in Canada is in touch with IRCC. They advised students not to do biometrics from another country which differs from the country of application. They asked the students to wait. Maybe IRCC will extend biometric deadline which 90 days right now or take it off or make it easy. We don’t know so we got to wait :)

demme343

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2012
Hi everyone~

My major question is about biometrics: Because the U.S. biometrics offices are closed, I planned to submit my biometrics in China in June. My application is "applying from the U.S.", so I'm wondering if submitting biometrics in China would have a negative impact on my application?

Minor questions:
I'm currently on an F1 student visa opt working status. My status in the U.S. should be "WORKER" right?
Is there any additional material to be included other than the required materials? Do I have to fill out the optional imm5257b?

i applied from pakistan trv and later gave biomatrics in usa during my visit to usa and got canada visa .so its no problem where u give biomatrics

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi everyone~

Minor questions:

It's perfectly fine to do biometrics in China.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
My college in Canada is in touch with IRCC. They advised students not to do biometrics from another country which differs from the country of application. They asked the students to wait. Maybe IRCC will extend biometric deadline which 90 days right now or take it off or make it easy. We don’t know so we got to wait :)
Biometrics and medicals can be done anywhere in the world and the location has no impact on the processing of an application.

Apr 30, 2020
Thanks!

Apr 30, 2020
i applied from pakistan trv and later gave biomatrics in usa during my visit to usa and got canada visa .so its no problem where u give biomatrics
Were the processing times from two locations different from each other? Was your application processed in terms of pakistan timeline or USA timeline? coz it will take 3 weeks if an application is from U.S., while 9 weeks if an application is from China. Thanks!

demme343

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2012
Were the processing times from two locations different from each other? Was your application processed in terms of pakistan timeline or USA timeline? coz it will take 3 weeks if an application is from U.S., while 9 weeks if an application is from China. Thanks!
pakistan timeline .only biometrics was submetted in usa