+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Submitting ALL pages of of all passports held in the past 4 years?

broadwayeast

Apr 15, 2015
Dear friends,

My relative is going to apply of Canadian citizenship by May 2015, the local Citizenship office is Vancouver. We are in the process of preparing all the documentation required.

Although CIC's website states it requires only BIOGRAPHICAL pages of all passports (valid and cancelled) held in the past 4 years, however, we think that submitting upfront ALL PAGES of all passports would possibly provide a more complete information as to entry and exit dates for Canada.

Do you think this will be a good strategy towards getting the case finalized in a more timely fashion?

era1521

Oct 7, 2014
broadwayeast said:
Dear friends,

My relative is going to apply of Canadian citizenship by May 2015, the local Citizenship office is Vancouver. We are in the process of preparing all the documentation required.

Although CIC's website states it requires only BIOGRAPHICAL pages of all passports (valid and cancelled) held in the past 4 years, however, we think that submitting upfront ALL PAGES of all passports would possibly provide a more complete information as to entry and exit dates for Canada.

Do you think this will be a good strategy towards getting the case finalized in a more timely fashion?
There are several threads on sending more documents than required in the guideline and checklist; you can search and read various opinions.
Just for fun, why you think sending more than required will make your application .... what? better? faster?

OP_POP

Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
broadwayeast said:
Dear friends,

Not really. Just provide the information that they ask for.

broadwayeast

Apr 15, 2015
With my all due respect, I truly understand that there are so many responses to this sort of inquiries in other forums. However, I would be very grateful if any of you could kindly confirm that CIC will certainly NOT return our citizenship application provided that we provide them only biographical pages rather than ALL pages of all passports.

Upon receiving a confirmation, I will certainly follow all your kind advises by way of submitting ONLY biographical pages. I just feel that it doesn't seem practical doing that as I remember during the previous years (10 years ago or so) we were required to send ALL pages of passports.

Your valuable input will be greatly appreciated.

Travel Dream

Sep 20, 2010
I was thinking to send all pages of passport but I decided to send only what is required after reading all posts about sending extra documents

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Travel Dream said:
I was thinking to send all pages of passport but I decided to send only what is required after reading all posts about sending extra documents
You have done the right thing.

OP_POP

Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
broadwayeast said:
With my all due respect, I truly understand that there are so many responses to this sort of inquiries in other forums. However, I would be very grateful if any of you could kindly confirm that CIC will certainly NOT return our citizenship application provided that we provide them only biographical pages rather than ALL pages of all passports.

Upon receiving a confirmation, I will certainly follow all your kind advises by way of submitting ONLY biographical pages. I just feel that it doesn't seem practical doing that as I remember during the previous years (10 years ago or so) we were required to send ALL pages of passports.

I only sent copies of biographical pages and now I am a citizen.

neutral

Mar 19, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
broadwayeast said:
No, it'd have the opposite effect as you make them compulsorily to waste time studying all extra information sent.

era1521

Oct 7, 2014
broadwayeast said:

Your memory is playing you; 10 year ago was not even required a copy of the passport; only if applicant chose to send as a photo ID - i have applied in 2006 and my wife from then, in 2004 and I prepared her application.

The valuable input was provided; send what is required in the guideline and checklist.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Even CIC's video states send what is being asked.

If you want to create extra work for CIC officer then send all passport pages.

If you are trying to avoid RQ then you are mistaken. If you send ton of stuff and if still RQ trigger happens, you will get an RQ no matter what. Not trying to scare you but this is the reality as described by other members of the forum

They just asked to send biopgraphical pages of passports held in past 4 years.

When you go for an interview they will verify the stamps that time with residency calculator.

Also, they don't rely on stamps only, the also rely on CBSA report and because to run CBSA report, they require biographical pages of the passports.