AOR Received.
May 4, 2016
File Transfer...
May 12, 2016
Med's Done....
February 19,2016
In one of my GCMS notes it says,

"passport-sized photos do not meet specifications."

I didn't submit any passport-sized photos.

I had a look at the checklist for my region and it seems they've updated it June 2016. I submitted everything on March 2016.

1) Should I submit the passport-sized photos based on previous checklist specification or the new one?

2) Can I submit the photos online or do I have to mail it to them?

thanks.

ImABule

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
March 24, 2016 AOR2 April 15, 2016
File Transfer...
SA April 5, 2016
Med's Done....
February 02, 2016
Interview........
Queue- August 29, 2016 Waived- November 15, 2016
Passport Req..
November 17, 2016 DM- November 18, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
buonqua said:
In one of my GCMS notes it says,

"passport-sized photos do not meet specifications."

I didn't submit any passport-sized photos.

I had a look at the checklist for my region and it seems they've updated it June 2016. I submitted everything on March 2016.

1) Should I submit the passport-sized photos based on previous checklist specification or the new one?

2) Can I submit the photos online or do I have to mail it to them?

thanks.
If you are required to send updated pics, send them according to the new specifications.

buonqua

Jun 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 16,2016
AOR Received.
May 4, 2016
File Transfer...
May 12, 2016
Med's Done....
February 19,2016
I haven't received e-mail from VO requesting me to submit updated photos.

But I will still take photos and try to submit them and keep extras just in case. Don't want any additional delays in the application process.

Been searching for hours trying to figure out how to submit additional photos. CIC site says not to submit documents unless requested.

Don't think I can e-mail passport-sized photos so my best option I think is to courier it.

ImABule

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
SA April 5, 2016
Med's Done....
February 02, 2016
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
buonqua said:

But I will still take photos and try to submit them and keep extras just in case. Don't want any additional delays in the application process.

Been searching for hours trying to figure out how to submit additional photos. CIC site says not to submit documents unless requested.

Don't think I can e-mail passport-sized photos so my best option I think is to courier it.
I sent an updated form and more relationship proof twice to SVO without them asking for it.

Mightytonewheel

Star Member
Sep 18, 2015
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-2015
AOR Received.
02-08-2016
File Transfer...
02-08-2016
Med's Done....
10-12-2015
Passport Req..
06-13-2016
buonqua said:

My wife (the principal applicant) got her photos taken before the application was sent it. When I saw them, a day before we were scheduled to submit the application, I rolled my eyes. The photos clearly did not meet the specifications. They weren't the right size and her head was the wrong proportion in the frame. We decided to send in the application anyway, and got a second set of photos taken (correctly), ready to send in in CIC asked for then.

Well, they didn't ask for them, ever. They did ask for two more photos at DM -- one for her CoPR and one for her PR card. But they never asked for those original photos to be re-taken, even though they were obviously incorrect. We still have no idea what the original photos were for. I suspect they're just stapled to copies of internal CIC reports, but I have no idea.

As for submitting un-requested documents, I don't advise it. I don't see the point. If they need them, they'll ask for them. My wife sent in incorrect photos, and she landed two months earlier than expected without ever having to resubmit anything.

ImABule

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
SA April 5, 2016
Med's Done....
February 02, 2016
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
Mightytonewheel said:
My wife (the principal applicant) got her photos taken before the application was sent it. When I saw them, a day before we were scheduled to submit the application, I rolled my eyes. The photos clearly did not meet the specifications. They weren't the right size and her head was the wrong proportion in the frame. We decided to send in the application anyway, and got a second set of photos taken (correctly), ready to send in in CIC asked for then.

Well, they didn't ask for them, ever. They did ask for two more photos at DM -- one for her CoPR and one for her PR card. But they never asked for those original photos to be re-taken, even though they were obviously incorrect. We still have no idea what the original photos were for. I suspect they're just stapled to copies of internal CIC reports, but I have no idea.

As for submitting un-requested documents, I don't advise it. I don't see the point. If they need them, they'll ask for them. My wife sent in incorrect photos, and she landed two months earlier than expected without ever having to resubmit anything.
We made an error on our form so we corrected it.

We also sent more proofs as SVO is notorious as being one of if not the toughest VO in the world.