+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Submitting additional financial proof after study permit application submission

ashleee

Oct 7, 2020
Hey guys, my sister applied for a study permit back in May for September intake. Her university's tuition fees are $60,000 CAD every year (so $240,000 total for her 4 year program), but my parents only submitted documents indicating total savings of $100,000 CAD in the initial application during the financial proof section. Is this enough savings to show, or not?

If its not enough, we were thinking of raising a webform where my parents will submit their payslips to show that their yearly salary is $200,000 CAD, which is definitely enough in terms of financial support. Do you recommend us to submit the webform right now with additional financial proof? Or should we just wait for a result based on the initial study permit application (showing $100k savings) and see what happens?

I am just worried because her classes are starting in September and I want to make sure that she doesn't accidentally experience a refusal because we didn't submit enough financial proof in the initial application!

ashleee

Oct 7, 2020
I also had one more question: will submitting a webform with additional financial documents delay the results of her application? I am asking because she will be traveling to canada next month, so we don't want to end up delaying her study permit decision any further.

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
You can raise a webform. It will neither delay nor expedite the processing

However they take time to respond and attach your docs to the file via a webform

how does she plan on traveling to canada while study permit is in process? Does she have any other visa on her passport?

ashleee

Oct 7, 2020
You can raise a webform. It will neither delay nor expedite the processing

However they take time to respond and attach your docs to the file via a webform

how does she plan on traveling to canada while study permit is in process? Does she have any other visa on her passport?
Oh okay, thanks for letting me know :)

She already has a Canadian tourist visa. However, we will delay her trip if the study permit does not arrive before August just to be safe.