+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

submiting TRV application online and confusions

mafin

Nov 11, 2019
hi
I want to submit my application online,
I am applying for me and my spouse and my son.
where can I submit my spouse document like her finance proof ,her property and assets document,
because opened an account today
and there was a certain place for me to submit and attach my document employment and every thing
but when it comes to my spouse and son as a member of family
there was only certain space for their passport and name and simple form nothing else.
and where can I submit my cover letter , i didn't find particular place for that, there was only explanation letter,
what is the difference.

subodhp

Jun 19, 2019
Toronto
hi
where can I submit my spouse document like her finance proof ,her property and assets document,
and there was a certain place for me to submit and attach my document employment and every thing
there was only certain space for their passport and name and simple form nothing else.
and where can I submit my cover letter , i didn't find particular place for that, there was only explanation letter,
what is the difference.
If you and spouse are applying together from a single account, you only need to upload one document for finances. Either upload just your finances if they are enough for both or upload both of your finances there as a single document

subodhp

Jun 19, 2019
Toronto
hi
what is the difference.
Explanation letter is typically meant to explain any inconsistency in your application. So you can upload cover letter in there that details your application

Reactions: mafin

mafin

Nov 11, 2019
If you and spouse are applying together from a single account, you only need to upload one document for finances. Either upload just your finances if they are enough for both or upload both of your finances there as a single document
Thank you so much
I ran into this
❌Family members must complete their own application forms. However, you may submit your applications together online or at a Visa Application Centre (VAC) and use one payment receipt for the total amount.

Your spouse or common-law partner and children must meet all of the requirements for temporary residence in Canada❌

Regarding this
If We have our own application and
Then for family members we both need to mention each other?
It sounds weird,
What about our son
He is 7 year old
Isnt it a bit repetetive or it is tge typical form of filling out the form

mafin

Nov 11, 2019
Explanation letter is typically meant to explain any inconsistency in your application. So you can upload cover letter in there that details your application
Do you mean a generall cover letter is not needed?
But I saw so many cover letters they mention the summary of their life record
I am not sure what to do

babsizkil

Dec 18, 2016
Thank you so much
I ran into this
❌Family members must complete their own application forms. However, you may submit your applications together online or at a Visa Application Centre (VAC) and use one payment receipt for the total amount.

Your spouse or common-law partner and children must meet all of the requirements for temporary residence in Canada❌

Regarding this
If We have our own application and
Then for family members we both need to mention each other?
It sounds weird,
What about our son
He is 7 year old
Isnt it a bit repetetive or it is tge typical form of filling out the form
In order to qualify for a visitor visa also called a temporary resident visa, I believe each applicant including your 7 years old son need to fill IMM5256. Note that you and your spouse will also need to fill the family information form and give biometric if you have not done so in the last 10 years. However, your minor child may not need a family form and Biometric.
For more information, you can visit the links below:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/apply-visitor-visa/online-outside.html

mafin

Nov 11, 2019
In order to qualify for a visitor visa also called a temporary resident visa, I believe each applicant including your 7 years old son need to fill IMM5256. Note that you and your spouse will also need to fill the family information form and give biometric if you have not done so in the last 10 years. However, your minor child may not need a family form and Biometric.
For more information, you can visit the links below:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/apply-visitor-visa/online-outside.html
thank you so much
it sounds reasonable.
but let me put myself in other way ,does application means an account,
you know that the first step is opening an account,
I mean each applicant regarding the family member needs to first open an account and fill out the form as an applicant and give information about other member of family who are accompanying them?
is nt it weird for officer to see repetitive information about applicants in two application.

babsizkil

Dec 18, 2016
thank you so much
it sounds reasonable.
I mean each applicant regarding the family member needs to first open an account and fill out the form as an applicant and give information about other member of family who are accompanying them?
is nt it weird for officer to see repetitive information about applicants in two application.
If I get you clearly, you mean if you applied as a family and each fill a form under one application. It is simple. Each of you need a visa, and it comes with visa number that is uniquely different. Your wife details will have only few similarity but many differences such as education,age, passport number, maiden name, work experience/details,...immigration need all these and more info to process your application. Same for your son. This can only be supplied through the form. Even, the Family Information, will help immigration to have your parents details, your accompany person, your marital status and same thing for your wife. Note that once you are done filling the form offline, you will need to upload and sign electronically. No NEED or point for printing, signing and then upload

subodhp

Jun 19, 2019
Toronto
thank you so much
it sounds reasonable.
For a family, you would need
One account
One set of forms for each member including application form, family information, etc
One common cover letter
One common finances
Letter signed by rest of the members authorising you to submit their applications together

subodhp

Jun 19, 2019
Toronto
Do you mean a generall cover letter is not needed?
But I saw so many cover letters they mention the summary of their life record
I am not sure what to do
I would always recommend including a cover letter, it just helps out vo by listing out all the information that you have presented and also call out information that may not be self evident.
Having said above, strictly speaking Canada Visa applications don't need a cover letter since they have a very methodical (some might say excessive) application process that asks for a lot of information already.

mafin

Nov 11, 2019
One account
One set of forms for each member including application form, family information, etc
One common cover letter
One common finances
Letter signed by rest of the members authorising you to submit their applications together
Thank you so much

mafin

Nov 11, 2019
One account
One common cover letter
One common finances
I am really grateful
There is only one thing unclear
First thank you for makeing time and answer all my questions patiently,
My spouse has a strong tie as me
She has her own property her finance document
She is working and has strong employment background, her travel history as well
If i attach the whole document of mine and her in my questioned section together ,is it ok?
Or only in her section as a family member
I attach the whole documemt of her in client section,
Which is optional and i dont know if they check or no?
Becauae her documents are:
Her bank statement
Her title dead
Slipay
Lease contract of her own
Her car ownership document
Insurance history
Leave permission sheet of her university and workplace

babsizkil

Dec 18, 2016
I am really grateful
There is only one thing unclear
First thank you for makeing time and answer all my questions patiently,
My spouse has a strong tie as me
She has her own property her finance document
She is working and has strong employment background, her travel history as well
If i attach the whole document of mine and her in my questioned section together ,is it ok?
Or only in her section as a family member
I attach the whole documemt of her in client section,
Which is optional and i dont know if they check or no?
Becauae her documents are:
Her bank statement
Her title dead
Slipay
Lease contract of her own
Her car ownership document
Insurance history
Leave permission sheet of her university and workplace
Have you tried to use the eligibility tool to guide you? It will help you figure out what are the documents immigration officer consider important. Because, the online application is streamline to accept certain limited number of documents unlike the paper based application. Here is the link to the tool:
https://onlineservices-servicesenligne.cic.gc.ca/c2c/eapp.do