+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Submit Permanent Residence application post ITA or not?

Varsha Mahant

Mar 29, 2018
Hoping if someone could help and suggest.

My current legal status in Canada is Visitor. I am awaiting decision from IRCC on my spousal open work permit application. If I submit my PR application post ITA under express entry:

1. Will my status freeze to visitor and what if I get my open work permit approved, will it still be valid and my status would change to worker?
2. Is it advisable to submit PR application after my work permit is approved, however, this will lead to aging of documents?

Thanks

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hoping if someone could help and suggest.

My current legal status in Canada is Visitor. I am awaiting decision from IRCC on my spousal open work permit application. If I submit my PR application post ITA under express entry:

1. Will my status freeze to visitor and what if I get my open work permit approved, will it still be valid and my status would change to worker?
2. Is it advisable to submit PR application after my work permit is approved, however, this will lead to aging of documents?

Thanks
1. Why would it freeze? The apps have zero to do with each other. If the OWP is approved, your status will be worker.

2. As above, zero to do with each other, so no point in waiting.

Reactions: Varsha Mahant