+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Submit citizenship applicaton outside Canada

guruguru1989

Star Member
Nov 28, 2019
Hi, I am waiting for my criminal background check from FBI. It is expected to receive in next few days. However, I plan travel to Mexico for a week starting from end of next week. I am wondering if it is ok that I submit the application outside of Canada during travel. I will return back by May 20.

Thanks for the insight.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hi, I am waiting for my criminal background check from FBI. It is expected to receive in next few days. However, I plan travel to Mexico for a week starting from end of next week. I am wondering if it is ok that I submit the application outside of Canada during travel. I will return back by May 20.

Thanks for the insight.
What will you mention in the section "City Applied From" ? Mexico City or Cancun ;)

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
You're leaving for a week. In your situation, I'll apply right after coming back, and avoid the need for a letter of explanation because the physical presence calculator asks for a return date for the trip to Mexico...

guruguru1989

Star Member
Nov 28, 2019
You're leaving for a week. In your situation, I'll apply right after coming back, and avoid the need for a letter of explanation because the physical presence calculator asks for a return date for the trip to Mexico...
Not sure I am clear about that. I will apply for it as sooner as I went back but I do need add the absence days as well since the clock is resetting, I need add the 1 way time where i spend at Mexico as absence in Canada.