+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Stuff to bring for the test/ Oath ceremony

movinouter

Star Member
Sep 13, 2013
Hello everyone!
I'm invited to both test and the oath ceremony for June 3rd.
I'm preparing stuff to bring with me as stated in the Notice of Appear and an additional information paper that I received through email from IRCC now.
I am a bit confused now so please help me.

They are asking me to bring all my original documents that support my citizenship application (as listed in the document checklist in the citizenship application form)
- well, in the list, (there are a lot)
1. the online physical presence calculator (how can I re-print it?)
2. photocopies of biographical pages of passport (well, Can I just bring all my current and expired passports instead of photocopying them all over again?)
3. Photocopy of proof that demonstrates adequate knowledge of English or French (well, I studied/graduated from post-secondary school in Canada and I submitted the official transcript. (should I bring this one again? I have to apply again....and it takes time...)
4. photocopy of personal identification document (I guess I can just bring my driver's license, PR card, health card and my passport.. right?)
5. two citizenship photos (I guess this is not applicable, is it?)
6. Fee receipt (neither is this applicable, is this?)

Also, is it really necessary to have certified translation of ANY passport pages that have visas, entry/exit stamps or notes that are not in English or French? I mean, mostly all the stamps, visas notes include English and some of them have also their own language with English. None of them are completely foreign language without English. (well, there are some Spanish word like Salida, meaning exit). Should I still bother considering to have them translated?

How about bio-data page of all current & expired passports? Can I just bring the passports and present them without having them photocopied?

Just a little things mostly but I just would like to be sure for safety.

Thanks guys and hang on! We're almost there! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: kushari

xylene

Apr 16, 2010
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-June-2010
Doc's Request.
05-Oct-2010
AOR Received.
07-Feb-2011
File Transfer...
In Process 24-May-2012
Med's Request
04-Sep-2013
Med's Done....
16-Sep-2013 | 28-Oct-2013 'Medical Received' line in eCAS
Passport Req..
PP reached NDVO on 19-Sep-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 23-Jan-2014
LANDED..........
Apr 2014
Originals. Originals. Not photo opies.
Passports. New and expired
PR card
COPR
You should have submitted only copy of transcript (as mentioned in application checklist). Since they have the original take nothing.
You do not need photocopies of passport (did they ask for it or are you assuming?)

I had a copy of the physical presence calculator page and also mapped it to the passport stamps(pages). Many in the forum have done this in the past especially if you have a lot of travel.
You could either create a new one or try printing it again from the website if you have saved it.

movinouter

Star Member
Sep 13, 2013
Originals. Originals. Not photo opies.
Passports. New and expired
PR card
COPR
You should have submitted only copy of transcript (as mentioned in application checklist). Since they have the original take nothing.
You do not need photocopies of passport (did they ask for it or are you assuming?)

I had a copy of the physical presence calculator page and also mapped it to the passport stamps(pages). Many in the forum have done this in the past especially if you have a lot of travel.
You could either create a new one or try printing it again from the website if you have saved it.
How about passport stamps and visas? Is it really necessary?

xylene

Apr 16, 2010
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-June-2010
Doc's Request.
05-Oct-2010
AOR Received.
07-Feb-2011
File Transfer...
In Process 24-May-2012
Med's Request
04-Sep-2013
Med's Done....
16-Sep-2013 | 28-Oct-2013 'Medical Received' line in eCAS
Passport Req..
PP reached NDVO on 19-Sep-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 23-Jan-2014
LANDED..........
Apr 2014

movinouter

Star Member
Sep 13, 2013
Isn't the visa already in the passport ?
I'm sorry that my question was not clear. I meant visas and stamps etc in your passport. I was wondering if having them translated is really necessary. I have a few stamps from Spain and Peru. All of them are for exit and entry. Like Salida (Exit) and Entrada (Entry)...

ash309

Jun 16, 2008
Etobicoke
I'm sorry that my question was not clear. I meant visas and stamps etc in your passport. I was wondering if having them translated is really necessary. I have a few stamps from Spain and Peru. All of them are for exit and entry. Like Salida (Exit) and Entrada (Entry)...
I have the same question. In my invite, it says nothing about bringing translations for the passport stamps, but I'm reading previous posts from 2018 and they mention that the invite letter requested translations of stamps on the passport. Can someone who recently went for the test advise if this is necessary? If so, where do I get this from?

prasmeno

Mar 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
yet to be applied
I don't think they expect you to get translation of visa stamps. They just want to see a copy while you apply. When you go for the test, they want to see your passports old and new. That's all.

Reactions: movinouter

movinouter

Star Member
Sep 13, 2013
I don't think they expect you to get translation of visa stamps. They just want to see a copy while you apply. When you go for the test, they want to see your passports old and new. That's all.
Thanks for your response. How about application form that we sent? Do we have to bring the original application too? I don't have a copy. I just printed out straight and sent it without photocopying them.

movinouter

Star Member
Sep 13, 2013
Thanks for your response. How about application form that we sent? Do we have to bring the original application too? I don't have a copy. I just printed out straight and sent it without photocopying them.
And is your answer about the stamps translation based on your own experience?