+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Studying in France , Applying from EGYPT , Chance to get a refuse?

Keyjoe23

Jul 31, 2015
Hello,

First of all I would like to thank all those who work on this such useful forum.

Actually I am a student , holding an Egyptian nationality , 21 years old and studying in Claude Bernard University in France.

I have done my first 2 years of univ and passed them with good GPA and got accepted in Université de Montréal in Quebec as an exchange student to attend there my third year then return .

I have got my CAQ and everything and collected all the papers and documents and submitted online from Egypt since I go there every year to stay with my family a bit before I move back to France.

I have submitted my application on July the 2nd , and I have attached a letter of support from my father and his bank statement ( around 35k CAD) and his company register . Note that I will not pay any fees at the Montreal university since I am an exchange student And I have attached the acceptance letter from UdeM and student Exchange letter from my univ in France. :-X

I have also Attached photos of my passport and temporary stay card in France ( which ends at the end of September 2015 ).

I have my U.S Visa , and been there last January in New York and my passport is full of travelling stamps ( USA , Amsterdam , Switzerland , France , Egypt and so on ).

The problem is , I am afraid that they refuse me because that my temporary stay card in France will end soon , saying that they can not guarantee I will leave Canada at the end of my stay.Will they consider that my home town is Egypt and that I have family there and logically will leave at the end of my year in Canada to go to Egypt where I have to apply for my French Visa again? Since I still have to complete 2 years of Master Degree in France.

There are Egyptian stamps on the passport for Juin 2014 and Juin 2015 which prooves that I go there every summer.

And I do not have finincial problems since I have been living in Europe for 2 years and I went to several countries and got already my CAQ.

I am so worrying and waiting and do not know what their decision may be , since I have a friend who comes from Yemen , and he submitted from Paris and they refused him saying that they can not guarantee he would leave after his stay ( which may sound logic since his temp. Stay card will end soon too and there are no airports available in Yemen at the moment).

I have also marked on my application that I have canadian family ( my cousins , but did not mark their names , they are 3 canadians living in Ontario and they are 23 years old and got their canadian nationality after doing an immigration ).

Thank you for sharing your experience with me .

fahmede

Jul 23, 2015
Which university is your friend going to?

I am a foreign national currently in the US on a visa which will expire tomorrow. :p I applied on 2nd July, and am still waiting to hear back.

fahmede

Jul 23, 2015
No, I was only asking because I think the rank of the university is an important factor in judging intent. For example, if your friend was going to attend a university which is almost of the same quality as the ones in Yemen, then the visa officer might wonder why he's choosing to study at a Canadian university instead. On the other hand, if it's a well reputed university (as I believe UdeM is), then it's more likely that the primary intention of the applicant is to study at a good university (and it also means Canada benefits), rather than use this as a means of moving to Canada.

Keyjoe23

Jul 31, 2015
Yeah I get you , but he was with me in the same university ( Claude Bernard Lyon 1 ) in France , as we both got accepted in the student exchange program , but he applied from Paris since he can not go to Yemen and he got refused , while I am applying from my home country here and still waiting and tensed as ***.

And yeah , his univ isn't really in the top ranked ones in Canada , while UdeM is one of the top .

hopefully they consider that I have ties in my home country which is Egypt and not my residence country which is France.

moonlight98

Apr 13, 2015
I'm sorry I don't know much experience to help you
but I also have applied form cairo on july 16 and got no update untill now!
what is the status of your application?

Keyjoe23

Jul 31, 2015
I'm sorry I don't know much experience to help you
but I also have applied form cairo on july 16 and got no update untill now!
what is the status of your application?
How did you apply ? Online or Paper ?

I have applied online and my status is still open .

moonlight98

Apr 13, 2015
YoussefZaky said:
How did you apply ? Online or Paper ?

I have applied online and my status is still open .
I applied on paper and my status says that " your passport has been forward to the canadian visa office " because I check my status via vfs site!
as I heard from others that they process online application in less time!

Keyjoe23

Jul 31, 2015
I applied on paper and my status says that " your passport has been forward to the canadian visa office " because I check my status via vfs site!
as I heard from others that they process online application in less time!
I have heard the opposite !

Untill now there is no news and I need to get an answer asap because I should be in Canada by the 23rd of august.

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Your friend's situation is (very) different to yours, so is not comparable.

From the information you have provided about *your* application & situation, I'm not seeing a problem.

Keyjoe23

Jul 31, 2015
Yeah but my friend got refused and they said ( due to family ties in country of residence ) which is France .

Since then , I can get the same refusal reason .

Will they consider Egypt as a home country or they will take France as a residence country :/

moonlight98

Apr 13, 2015
YoussefZaky said:
I have heard the opposite !

Untill now there is no news and I need to get an answer asap because I should be in Canada by the 23rd of august.
I think you'll get a response in there days because members here told me it takes about one month!
please keep me updated if your status have changed.

with all the best and Inshallah you'll get the visa.

Keyjoe23

Jul 31, 2015
Thank you and Inshallah ,

Let's say I get accepted and they ask for my passport , how long will it take to get my passport back ? Do they send it to Canada or something ?

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
moonlight98 said:
I think you'll get a response in there days because members here told me it takes about one month!
please keep me updated if your status have changed.

with all the best and Inshallah you'll get the visa.
Processing for student visas via Cairo is presently quoted at 6 weeks.