+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Studying hotel management in Canada

Mananpreet

May 12, 2021
My name is Mananpreet Singh, I just wanted to know if i need to score well in my 10th class to pursue hotel management further in Canada,Or they just require class 12 marks,Plus if i skip my 11th class and do 12th class from another board which is (NIOS).Do they consider students passed out through this board.Will it affect my visa? I just want to do hotel management in canada.. Waiting for your reply

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My name is Mananpreet Singh, I just wanted to know if i need to score well in my 10th class to pursue hotel management further in Canada,Or they just require class 12 marks,Plus if i skip my 11th class and do 12th class from another board which is (NIOS).Do they consider students passed out through this board.Will it affect my visa? I just want to do hotel management in canada.. Waiting for your reply
Wouldn't personally spend money on a college course in hospitality in Canada.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Why do you need to come to Canada and spend thousands to take a hospitality management course? Why not in your home country and the course is focused on your local industry. A waste of money right now in an industry that has laid off thousands.

foodie69

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2015
It is not a very well paid industry. It doesn’t make sense to pay so much money for this degree and most college diplomas.
Not everyone can be an accountant, lawyer or doctor. Someone needs to do these jobs too. Not well paid? As a 15 year old you get minimum wage, sure. But the older and more experienced you get, the salary raises. I have seen waiters and waitresses in Vancouver making $500, $600 a shift.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Not everyone can be an accountant, lawyer or doctor. Someone needs to do these jobs too. Not well paid? As a 15 year old you get minimum wage, sure. But the older and more experienced you get, the salary raises. I have seen waiters and waitresses in Vancouver making $500, $600 a shift.
Yes but there is no need to pay for a degree or international tuition to qualify for many of the jobs