+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Studying Full time while doing this job? YES/NO?

Purple123

Mar 16, 2021
Hey guys I was doing a masters program in which the last term was coop. I started working for a company during the coop term and after 3 months graduated and applied for Post Graduation work permit the same day as I graduated and continued working for the same company as I could work as long as I had applied for a PGWP. I eventually got my PGWP for 3 years. So now it's been 1 year of experience working in Canada full time, excluding the work experience gained while under coop. I am now applying for my PR and not sure how to answer this question:

Studying full-time while doing this job? a person must be in class at least 15 hours per week during the academic year to be considered full-time. this includes any period of training in the workplace that is part of the study program.
YES OR NO.

It makes sense to answer yes because I did start working this job when I was under coop (coop you are still a full time student) but I wasn't taking any other class in addition to coop.
It also makes sense to answer 'no' because after graduating (in December) I was not a full time student anymore and could work as I had applied for PGWP. I got my PGWP in March and counted my work experience from that day.

My work letter will say the day I started working which was in August.
What should I do? Please advice, Thanks!

inaraaziz

Jun 27, 2017
hi, what did you answer then? im in a similar situation. my last semester in canada i was a part time student (3 credits). I started a job in March 2022 and until i graduated and applied for PGWP in May, 2022 I worked 20h/ week part time to respect the study permit.

Once I applied for PGWP, I went full time at the same job until October.

Im recording this job from March to May but not sure how to answer "Studying full-time while doing this job? A person must be in class at least 15 hours per week during the academic year to be considered full-time. This includes any period of training in the workplace that is part of the study program."

If you can please advise thank you :)