+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Studying for one year Program - Student from Philippines

Horse4190

Mar 18, 2018
Hi, I would like to inquire about the process of studying in Canada and if a one year program is acceptable?

Also, can you please advise/confirm the following:
1) If I study, am I allowed to work as part time and how many hours are required to work?
2) Once I completed the program, am I entitled for immigrant or permanent residence?
2) Will I be able to bring my family (3 children and husband) when I apply for student?
3) If I bring my husband and family, what is their status?
4) Is my husband allowed to work on a work permit?

Appreciate your response and thanks.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
1. 20 hours per week.
2. No. You still need to meet PR requirements through immigration programs.
3. Maybe. Visas for your family are not guaranteed. Sometimes family members are your tie to your country. You need to show minimum funds for 5 people.
4. Your kids need either study permits or visitor visas. Your husband can apply for a visitor visa or open work permit. If kids need daycare, estimate the costs.
5. If he is approved, yes.

Reactions: andrews17

rogelcorral

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2018
Hi, I would like to inquire about the process of studying in Canada and if a one year program is acceptable?

Also, can you please advise/confirm the following:
1) If I study, am I allowed to work as part time and how many hours are required to work?
2) Once I completed the program, am I entitled for immigrant or permanent residence?
2) Will I be able to bring my family (3 children and husband) when I apply for student?
3) If I bring my husband and family, what is their status?
4) Is my husband allowed to work on a work permit?

Appreciate your response and thanks.
You may want to reconsider that one year program if you plan on immigrating later. A one year program only qualifies you for a 1 year PGWP. You won’t have enough time to accumulate the 1 year minimum experience for CEC with a 1 year PGWP.

Reactions: Simba112