+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Studying for a Second Program in Canada

sihan

Star Member
Jul 3, 2021
Hi guys,

So I will be headed to Canada by end of this year to begin a 1 year study program. I intend to do a second program after this first program finishes.
I like to know:

1) Do I apply for the 2nd program before or after I arrive in Canada? Does it make any difference?

2) When I apply for the 2nd program, do I need to have a second study permit? Or I have to request for my current study permit to be extended?

3) If there still a need to do a medical check up, write a study plan, provide proof of funds when you are applying for a 2nd program?

Please help me clarify that.
I may have more questions along the way !

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Hi guys,

So I will be headed to Canada by end of this year to begin a 1 year study program. I intend to do a second program after this first program finishes.
I like to know:

1) Do I apply for the 2nd program before or after I arrive in Canada? Does it make any difference?

2) When I apply for the 2nd program, do I need to have a second study permit? Or I have to request for my current study permit to be extended?

3) If there still a need to do a medical check up, write a study plan, provide proof of funds when you are applying for a 2nd program?

Please help me clarify that.
I may have more questions along the way !
1. Makes no difference
2. If you are in Canada, you can extend it
3. Medical check up, no. But the rest, yes

Reactions: rogerdude1