+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study/work permit for EU nationals - no Letters of Introduction generated

octaviancucu

Dec 24, 2020
Hello,

My study permit along with my wife's open work permit have been approved a week ago.

Our old eTAs have been cancelled and we have been given new ones.

Current status for both applications is APPROVED, however we have not yet received any sort of Letter of Introduction. Are these letters mandatory or we can travel without them.

In our CIC account we have 4 emails: correspondence letter related to biometrics validity, biometrics collection letter, submission confirmation and confirmation of online application transmission.

If these LOI are required, how long should we wait before raising a web form? Are they usually being issues with significant delays?

I would appreciate advice mainly from students from visa exempt countries who might have been in a similar situation.

Thank you.

Khurram_1980uk

Star Member
May 8, 2020
Hi,

We are a family of 4 from UK and exactly in the same situation. Permits approved on 17th december fro myself and SOWP and 2 kids study permit. Exactly 4 letters in GC key account. I was under the impression that the approval letter received is the letter we need to carry however lookingat your post im confused now.

Would you please mind connecting with me on whatsapp as it will be easier to communicate?

My number is +447878304890

Regards

Adaaad

Oct 20, 2020
Hello,

My study permit along with my wife's open work permit have been approved a week ago.

Current status for both applications is APPROVED, however we have not yet received any sort of Letter of Introduction. Are these letters mandatory or we can travel without them.

In our CIC account we have 4 emails: correspondence letter related to biometrics validity, biometrics collection letter, submission confirmation and confirmation of online application transmission.

If these LOI are required, how long should we wait before raising a web form? Are they usually being issues with significant delays?

I would appreciate advice mainly from students from visa exempt countries who might have been in a similar situation.

Thank you.
Why were your old eta’s cancelled?

bbigitha

Dec 22, 2020
Hello,

Thank you.

Hi, I'm also from the UK. I just submitted my biometrics and got my approval today as well. I wanted to know if you have yet received your LOI yet?

octaviancucu

Dec 24, 2020
Hi, I'm also from the UK. I just submitted my biometrics and got my approval today as well. I wanted to know if you have yet received your LOI yet?
No, I have not. I am going to email them later this month to find out whether we really need to wait for this letter or we can travel based solely on the 2 approvals.