Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
25-Feb-2011 sent 01-Mar-2011 arrived @ F.E. 03-Mar-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-Mar-2011
LANDED..........
02-Apr-2011
My niece came last year to complete a program, she was granted and issued a study/coop work permit. She completed the studies but she is till working as her study permit will expires in september. She now is registered to continue her studies but is concerned that she is still working, again; study and coop WP are valid until september. Will that be a problem if she submits proof of support showing that she is still working if her program is finished?. Technically speaking I believe (I may be wrong), she is allowed until the study/coop WP are expired.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
My niece came last year to complete a program, she was granted and issued a study/coop work permit. She completed the studies but she is till working as her study permit will expires in september. She now is registered to continue her studies but is concerned that she is still working, again; study and coop WP are valid until september. Will that be a problem if she submits proof of support showing that she is still working if her program is finished?. Technically speaking I believe (I may be wrong), she is allowed until the study/coop WP are expired.
Technically, you are wrong. Once studies are done, students are only allowed to work part time until they receive confirmation of graduation. At that point, they must either stop working or apply for a PGWP to keep working.

However, if she has been accepted to another program and is continuing her studies, she is allowed to work.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/work/work-off-campus.html#after

superboy_ec

Mar 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 1, 2010
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
Nov 19, 2009
AOR Received.
July 7, 2010
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
not yet and I don't think it will
Med's Request
June 24, 2010 received July 7. 2010
Med's Done....
July 20, 2010 and cardio (sept/29)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
25-Feb-2011 sent 01-Mar-2011 arrived @ F.E. 03-Mar-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-Mar-2011
LANDED..........
02-Apr-2011
Technically, you are wrong. Once studies are done, students are only allowed to work part time until they receive confirmation of graduation. At that point, they must either stop working or apply for a PGWP to keep working.

However, if she has been accepted to another program and is continuing her studies, she is allowed to work.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/work/work-off-campus.html#after
Thanks a lot for your reply. Words logically or technically sometimes in immigration world are a bit “inaplicable” depending on case to case basis and/or Other factors but that is a different topic. So; yes, she has been accepted therefore she is applying and I believe if I am not mistaking, you can correct me if I am wrong, she has to mention she has been working. Any different views on that?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thanks a lot for your reply. Words logically or technically sometimes in immigration world are a bit “inaplicable” depending on case to case basis and/or Other factors but that is a different topic. So; yes, she has been accepted therefore she is applying and I believe if I am not mistaking, you can correct me if I am wrong, she has to mention she has been working. Any different views on that?
As long as she meets the requirements in the link I posted, she is fine.