+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study/Work permit - Continuing Study

May 27, 2019
I have chosen a program in Montreal (Quebec), which is for 1 classes, but classes will be held once a week, 13 hours in a semester. Will I get the study permit from India for this program, and does continuing studies eligible for PGWP (post graduate work permit).?

May 27, 2019
This is what I have received from the University.

"
Thank you for your message. You have reached the McGill School of Continuing Studies.
At the School of Continuing Studies, our 30-credit programs (Undergraduate certificates and Diploma programs) are part-time programs, but can be pursued full time and therefore are open to international students. Classes are usually offered once a week for 13 weeks per semester and are generally from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. Courses can be taken in the Fall, Winter, Spring and Summer sessions. For international students, once admitted to the program, they receive a study plan that details the exact length of their studies, (usually 1 year) which allows them to maintain a full-time status.
"

It is a part time program but it can be done full time and open for International students.

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
If it's a part-time program, you probably don't qualify, but Quebec has slightly different requirements so you have to check the links from BS65.

Edit, just read the bottom line. You have to receive a letter from the university stating it's a 1 year full-time program.

May 27, 2019
If it's a part-time program, you probably don't qualify, but Quebec has slightly different requirements so you have to check the links from BS65.

Edit, just read the bottom line. You have to receive a letter from the university stating it's a 1 year full-time program.

Are you saying it is possible to get a study permit and post graduate work permit for this program, if I can get a letter which states full time, one year program.?

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
You need to first look at the Quebec requirements in the links that BS65 provided. If you are eligible after reading that, you have to get an offer letter stating it is full-time and the graduation letter needs to say the same thing.

May 27, 2019
The website mentions that, only Distance learning will not be eligible for PGWP.
Is there any way we can get this checked from Immigrations office.?