+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study visas for minors being sponsored???

Trilithbaby

Nov 9, 2019
My spouse is planning on sponsoring my sons and I this summer. One of my sons is 15 years old and will need to attend school in Canada in the fall. I haven't been able to find any information about what I need to do for him to study here. Will he need a study visa? The only thing I've seen is that minors without their parents in Canada are allowed to study without a visa, and if I had a study visa he would automatically have one, but I don't. Should I go ahead and contact the school that he will be attending to find information?

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
My spouse is planning on sponsoring my sons and I this summer. One of my sons is 15 years old and will need to attend school in Canada in the fall. I haven't been able to find any information about what I need to do for him to study here. Will he need a study visa? The only thing I've seen is that minors without their parents in Canada are allowed to study without a visa, and if I had a study visa he would automatically have one, but I don't. Should I go ahead and contact the school that he will be attending to find information?
Are you already in Canada? What province is it? I had this situation too. Might be able to share experience