+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Visa with 3 dependents

Venu3107

Mar 6, 2021
What is the success rate for a student who applies and receives a study visa with his family as dependent.?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
No one can tell you success rates as it depends on your program, career advancment, funds etc. Depending on your children’s ages, they may need study permits too.

orwell46

Apr 29, 2020
Such statistic, even if available, will make little sense as each case is unique. A mature applicant with family is not a disqualification, just as being single and in the early twenties is does not qualify an applicant automatically for a permit

Vicksy

Star Member
Sep 2, 2016
Hi all,

I'm waiting for offer from Holland College for their 1-year Project Management Postgraduate Certificate. Here is my profile:
Bachelor Degree in Business Administration obtained in 2003
Work as administrative assistance (last position was Head of subdivision): 1997-2007
Work experience: freelance translator (including some freelance translation coordinator positions): 2007-present
IELTS: 7.0
Gap year: 17 years
Choosing this particular PGC program to open my chances on translation Project Coordinator/Project Manager position, got interviewed 2-3 times for this position with no luck because I have no project management certificate/diploma. My educational background (got my Bachelor Degree from Open University without a research-related subject) is not suitable for Master's degree.

My questions:
1. What will be my chance at visa approval?
2. My husband and 2 children (15 & 16 years old) will come with me. Should I apply for a study permit alone in the first place and then arrange SOWP & visitor permit for them later? We do have a house and commercial property to show ties to our home country.

Any insights will be most appreciated. Thanks.

orwell46

Apr 29, 2020
More than the study permit I would advise you to think through what a certificate do for you at this stage of your career. If you are from India, it's unlikely a certificate is going to help you land a job given how these things work. Moreover if that is really your aim, a similar course in your country can do the trick for a fraction of the cost. I am sorry if it sounds too direct but sharing my thoughts as a fellow professional.
But if it's eventual immigration that you have on your mind, explore any degree/diploma not less than two years in duration, which will fetch you a three year PGWP. You say that your open school batchelor degree is not eligible for a master's, I am not sure that is necessary true for all systems overseas. Do check out public universities and shortlist a few and check if you could be eligible

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi all,

I'm waiting for offer from Holland College for their 1-year Project Management Postgraduate Certificate. Here is my profile:
Bachelor Degree in Business Administration obtained in 2003
Work as administrative assistance (last position was Head of subdivision): 1997-2007
Work experience: freelance translator (including some freelance translation coordinator positions): 2007-present
IELTS: 7.0
Gap year: 17 years
Choosing this particular PGC program to open my chances on translation Project Coordinator/Project Manager position, got interviewed 2-3 times for this position with no luck because I have no project management certificate/diploma. My educational background (got my Bachelor Degree from Open University without a research-related subject) is not suitable for Master's degree.

My questions:
1. What will be my chance at visa approval?
2. My husband and 2 children (15 & 16 years old) will come with me. Should I apply for a study permit alone in the first place and then arrange SOWP & visitor permit for them later? We do have a house and commercial property to show ties to our home country.

Any insights will be most appreciated. Thanks.
1. Can’t tell you chances but you should not be going for a one year certificate in PM when you have a BBA degree. You can take PM programs online as it is a global certification. So why do you need to spend tens of thousands in Canada for a program that can be taken anywhere.
2. Children will need study permits. Your choice on applying together. If you have the funds for the family then it is an option.