+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study visa Under SDS Getting delayed.

Arun2001

Star Member
Mar 4, 2019
Probably Yes but it doesn't happen in everyone's case.... Ircc receives loads of applications from students, tourists and they have that responsibility to process and answer every application... Not in everyone's case they get visa onthe intended date prior class start and I don't think ircc bothers much abt class start date.... If ur visa gets delayed past the intake date then we should inform our university and deffer it to next intake
So have you deffer to next intake?

Reactions: VaishOptimistic

jaii

Jun 4, 2019
I applied via SDS Online, a month ago and I am under "review" since 2 weeks, I haven't received any reply or response from them, the last letter I received was for Biometrics.

Reactions: Arun2001
Jun 7, 2019
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Hey everyone,
I applied on 23 march and my file was cancelled on 9 april. I gave biometrics on 4 April. Then embassy sent me instruction letter to relink the application with online portal. I did same on 23 april. On 12 june they started reviewing my eligibility and on 13 june i got medical request. After 9 days (22 june) my medical was passed. After that there was no update in my application. Btw i applied in SDS category and i am from india.

abhiram040

Jun 25, 2019
I applied my study visa online under SDS ON 22 May 2019 .After that i havent heard back from ircc. Its been more than 22 days. No status has changed, even the medical examination. The current status shows, profile under background check. Not sure why it is taking such a long time as some of my friends applied after me and have got the visa.
Please help me what to do now.
Please reply
bro! I am also in same situation. I gave biometrics on june 3rd for online sds and no update after that. What is your current status of ur file? did u get approval?

Kalyanik1990

Aug 20, 2019
Hi, I submitted the application online on July 26 and done with the biometrics on July 31. Medical has got updated on August 11. After that no change in the status . Eligibility is not yet started. Background check is under process. I’m still waiting for the visa and the class commences on September 1st. I don’t know why this delay is happening. Anybody else is facing such issue

Rohit Abby Elias

Star Member
Aug 15, 2019
Hi, I submitted the application online on July 26 and done with the biometrics on July 31. Medical has got updated on August 11. After that no change in the status . Eligibility is not yet started. Background check is under process. I’m still waiting for the visa and the class commences on September 1st. I don’t know why this delay is happening. Anybody else is facing such issue
My class is also starting on September 2 and there is no update since I gave my biometrics on 23rd July. Call +1 613-944-4000 after 9:30 PM india time, you can ask about application, but you would have to be on queue for 30-50 minutes.

Are you going for Master's?

Ghanisht97

Dec 23, 2020
I applied my study visa online under SDS ON 10 May 2019 . And i gave my biometrics on 18 May . and after that i havent heard back from ircc. Its been more than 35 days. Whereas standard time for study visa processing under SDS is 20 days. I also emailed Delhi immigration but its been a week they havent responded me back.
Please help me what to do now.
Please reply
Got visa?

Hassan Gondal

Star Member
Aug 22, 2020
Any update?did your eligibility started?