+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study visa second time

rajdid18

Feb 4, 2019
I am a B.tech IT working as a software engineer and have 4 years of work experience. With the aim of being an entrepreneur, decided to go for pg diploma course in Canadian business management which would help me to gain business skills . In Oct 2018 , I applied for study visa in Vancouver Community College in program called Canadian Business management (PG diploma) got rejection in 2 days. With the reasons as stated below :

1. I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada after your studies .

2 . Given your proposed course of study and considering your previous education,
employment history, ties to your home country and your future prospects and plans, I am not
satisfied you would be a bona fide student and a temporary resident.

Later I applied for Caips :

As per reports :

I have applied in a course that is not related to my prior education and work experience . Canadian Business management , how this program would help me in India. So the intentions are not fair.

My thoughts :

I completely agree with the officer , I applied my visa choosing a wrong course which was mainly focus on the Canadian business laws , Canadian economy etc.

Reapplying for visa again :
So this time I decided to go for Ms in information , network and computer science at NYIT university. With the aim of getting global exposure and having my own company. I focused to pursue this course and aim of running my own consulting security firm in India in future.

Important note :
In parallel,I have also applied for PR in 2019. Though I score very less marks in express entry profile. I completed my Wes in 2018.

So my question here is : is it ok to apply for study visa in case you have in parallel have an account on express entry.

If yes, how should I wright my statement of explanation this time. What if I clearly mention my intention of exploring opportunities in Canada and specifying my express entry account no. In it. I have included the details explaining the refusal points like

1. Want to pursue master's degree from NYIT in Information , network and computer security as this course is completely related to my previous studies and also with my work experience of software engineer. In order to expedite my knowledge towards security of a system would help in having flexible job opportunities / career opportunities.

2. I would return to home country after the completion of my course as India being an it hub and more work opportunities are there but if given a chance to work in Canada I would definitely like to work and advance my skills there and if not happy to be back to my country .

Please suggest if I should write the express entry profile information in my statement or not.

Also let me know if the reasons above are good to reapply.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Whether you write about it in your statement or not, CIC knows about it. So they will have it in mind when they're evaluating your application.

Why did you choose a New York Institute of Technology campus in Vancouver? With an EE application in the system, it looks like you're trying everything you can do to get to Canada. You'll need to address this, but somehow convince the officer reviewing your file that you're not just applying for anything you can apply for to get to Canada.

Reactions: rajdid18

rajdid18

Feb 4, 2019
Thanks for quick reply !

NYIT offers this master's program which have curriculum with subjects of my interest and related to IT industry. I would like to advance my skills and get hands-on experience from the highly qualified professionals there.

Also forgot to mention , I have been to Canada in 2017. I was completely impressed by the beautiful city , people and their lifestyle. I would like to experience global exposure while studying in the top beautiful city in the world.

EE file is there but score is too low. I don't want to grow old , looking for more career opportunities and would really looking forward to study in Canada.