+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study visa rejected under spp

Khanhanu

Oct 27, 2016
I applied for the study visa at vfs hyderabad on 11th November , application was forwarded to bangalore on 15th and I got a refusal letter on 24th of November.

Reason- Your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of one or more of : your qualifications, previous studies, employment, level of establishment, language abilities or your future prospects.

I have completed my Pharm D with 71 .3% no backlogs ( its a 6yrs course)
12th percentage - 78.6%
10th percentage - 82%
GIC- 10,300 cad
IELTS- Overall - 7.0 (L- 7.5, R-7.5, W-5.5, S-7)
Course- Community Pharmacy Assistant (Ontario college of certificate) 1yr
College- Sheridan College
Tuition fees payed- 1st semester 8000 cad
I showed my Mother (residing in India) and brother (working in Canada) as my sponsors
I am confident that my Sop was clear enough stating enough reasons to do this course mentioning its practicality, also being helpful to get a job back home.
I don't understand what went wrong.
A consultant says nothing was wrong with my application , out of sheer luck I didn't get a visa and recommends me to reapply online this time and another consultant says to apply at Delhi office (before it was Bangalore office).
I have spoken to a many consultants before starting the entire process all of them said that I ain't eligible to apply for masters even
(before writing ielts). They said indian Pharmacy usually don't get an admission in a Canadian university and process is quite cumbersome.
Now left is technical diplomas or certificate programs . I applied for Pharmacy Technician, Community Pharmacy Assistant and Chemical Laboratory Assistant ) I chose Community Pharmacy Assistant (my ielts score in one band is 5.5 , so cant go for technician).
Do I listen to the consultants and apply online or go to Vfs Delhi to apply.
O try to find out myself about masters program and improve my ielts score? (truly speaking i don't want to do masters as i ain't interested in research . my aim is to work as a Pharmacist)
or drop the entire idea of applying again.

Suggestions/ Advice is welcome. (if any Indian Pharmacy graduates who have taken admission in universities or doing pharmacy technician or community pharmacy assistant courses are reading this, please guide.)

SINGH5911

Star Member
Oct 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 nov 2016
Med's Done....
upfront
Passport Req..
07/12/16
You shouldnt mention about your brother as sponser in canada. This might cast doubt in vo mind that you may not come back

Khanhanu

Oct 27, 2016
SINGH5911 said:
You shouldnt mention about your brother as sponser in canada. This might cast doubt in vo mind that you may not come back
Ohkay mentioning my brother was must as my father is deceased. I can't show only my mother's name on the funding page. That will be an utter lie right?

rajzz2512

Star Member
Aug 8, 2016
Sorry about your visa

If you have bachelors degree it always recommended to go for post graduate or masters. If you go for lower degree compare to your previous study it shows negative impact.

If you got admission for masters or PG program with previous IELTS score it is good else retake ielts and improve score on writing session and apply again.

Write Strong SOP mentioning topics like your proposed program, why canada , future prospects, previous education, employment(if any), funds, language ability etc.

I don't know some people are getting visa with diploma course even they have bachelor degree.

All the best.

hardeep bal

May 5, 2014
punjab india
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
File Transfer...
27-10-2016
Med's Request
UpFront
Med's Done....
Yes
Passport Req..
UpFront
VISA ISSUED...
8-11-2016
LANDED..........
soon
Khanhanu said:
I applied for the study visa at vfs hyderabad on 11th November , application was forwarded to bangalore on 15th and I got a refusal letter on 24th of November.

Reason- Your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of one or more of : your qualifications, previous studies, employment, level of establishment, language abilities or your future prospects.

12th percentage - 78.6%
10th percentage - 82%
GIC- 10,300 cad
I showed my Mother (residing in India) and brother (working in Canada) as my sponsors
I am confident that my Sop was clear enough stating enough reasons to do this course mentioning its practicality, also being helpful to get a job back home.
A consultant says nothing was wrong with my application , out of sheer luck I didn't get a visa and recommends me to reapply online this time and another consultant says to apply at Delhi office (before it was Bangalore office).
I have spoken to a many consultants before starting the entire process all of them said that I ain't eligible to apply for masters even
(before writing ielts). They said indian Pharmacy usually don't get an admission in a Canadian university and process is quite cumbersome.
Now left is technical diplomas or certificate programs . I applied for Pharmacy Technician, Community Pharmacy Assistant and Chemical Laboratory Assistant ) I chose Community Pharmacy Assistant (my ielts score in one band is 5.5 , so cant go for technician).
O try to find out myself about masters program and improve my ielts score? (truly speaking i don't want to do masters as i ain't interested in research . my aim is to work as a Pharmacist)

Suggestions/ Advice is welcome. (if any Indian Pharmacy graduates who have taken admission in universities or doing pharmacy technician or community pharmacy assistant courses are reading this, please guide.)
Hey,

Sad to know about your refusal,

May I know some questions before making any advise regarding your profile ?

Where did you completed your D pharmacy ? and it was 6 year course ?

Do you have any study gaps ?

What are your qualifications - 10 + 2 + 6 ,or 10 + 6 ?

As In my knowledge Community Pharmacy Assistant program at sheridan is an undergraduate program which require only 12 level education right ?

So, why did you choose this ?

Thank you,

Khanhanu

Oct 27, 2016
hardeep bal said:
Hey,

Sad to know about your refusal,

May I know some questions before making any advise regarding your profile ?

Where did you completed your D pharmacy ? and it was 6 year course ?

Do you have any study gaps ?

What are your qualifications - 10 + 2 + 6 ,or 10 + 6 ?

As In my knowledge Community Pharmacy Assistant program at sheridan is an undergraduate program which require only 12 level education right ?

So, why did you choose this ?

Thank you,
Thank you for replying
I completed my Pharm D in september 2016. Yes its a 6 year course. (Its new in India , we are the third batch to graduate )
No gaps.
10+ 2+6
Its written Ontario College of certificate.
As a Pharmacy graduate the courses which are related to my field are Pharmacy technician (Ontario college diploma) and Community Pharmacy Assistant (Ontario college certificate)
As i said, before starting the entire procedure i spoke to 3 consultants . All of them told me to go for these diplomas courses as we Indian Pharmacy or medical graduates aren't eligible for masters program. So, i should go for these diploma courses.
I did a search on this site and read that both Ontario college diploma and Ontario college certificate are post graduate programs.
I couldn't go for pharmacy technician as it ielts required stated overall 6.5 above and each band above 6. My overall score is 7 and all bands above 6 but in one band i.e. writing i got 5.5. So i took in community Pharmacy Assistant.
I also had an offer letter for chemical laboratory technician (Ontario college diploma). My ielts were acceptable for this course too. I didn't accept it, as i don't see myself working as a chemist in the long run.
Now please tell me did i do a mistake by choosing a Ontario college certificate program and should have gone for a Ontario college diploma program?
Please put some light whether both are equivalent and are post graduate or both undergraduate programs.

PS- Requirements for Pharmacy Technician , Chemical laboratory technician and community pharmacy assistant are the same Ontario Secondary School diploma /equivalent with english , maths , chemistry , biology in 12th

hardeep bal

May 5, 2014
punjab india
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
File Transfer...
27-10-2016
Med's Request
UpFront
Med's Done....
Yes
Passport Req..
UpFront
VISA ISSUED...
8-11-2016
LANDED..........
soon
Khanhanu said:
Thank you for replying
I completed my Pharm D in september 2016. Yes its a 6 year course. (Its new in India , we are the third batch to graduate )
No gaps.
10+ 2+6
Its written Ontario College of certificate.
As a Pharmacy graduate the courses which are related to my field are Pharmacy technician (Ontario college diploma) and Community Pharmacy Assistant (Ontario college certificate)
As i said, before starting the entire procedure i spoke to 3 consultants . All of them told me to go for these diplomas courses as we Indian Pharmacy or medical graduates aren't eligible for masters program. So, i should go for these diploma courses.
I did a search on this site and read that both Ontario college diploma and Ontario college certificate are post graduate programs.
I couldn't go for pharmacy technician as it ielts required stated overall 6.5 above and each band above 6. My overall score is 7 and all bands above 6 but in one band i.e. writing i got 5.5. So i took in community Pharmacy Assistant.
I also had an offer letter for chemical laboratory technician (Ontario college diploma). My ielts were acceptable for this course too. I didn't accept it, as i don't see myself working as a chemist in the long run.
Now please tell me did i do a mistake by choosing a Ontario college certificate program and should have gone for a Ontario college diploma program?
Please put some light whether both are equivalent and are post graduate or both undergraduate programs.

PS- Requirements for Pharmacy Technician , Chemical laboratory technician and community pharmacy assistant are the same Ontario Secondary School diploma /equivalent with english , maths , chemistry , biology in 12th
Hi,

Sorry I don't get your given information that, how D (diploma) pharmacy takes 6 years to compete?

I assume you have 10 + 2 + 6 = 18 years of education and you are applying for course which needs only 12 level education so, it seems not logical progression in your studies,

If you wish to reapply I would strongly suggest you to re-take your IELTS and get atleast overall 6.5 not band score less than 6.0 and apply for post-graduate courses instead of post-secondary (as you have 6 year education after your 12)

Thank you

Best of luck

dimplegod9

Nov 26, 2016
Re: Study visa rejected under genreal category

Hi All,

My visa got rejected on 26th November due to following reason- Your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of one or more of the following : your qualifications, previous studies, employment, level of establishment, other educational opportunities available in your country or Canada, language abilities, or your future prospects and plans.

Find blow my profile:
Applied under General category, offline on 17th November.
Graduation & HSC: Bachelor in Management (Marketing) BMS from Mumbai University (Both in 1st class)
IELTS: Over all 6.5 Band with no subject below 6 band.
Work Experience: 6 years in sales
GIC: Paid
1st Semester Fees: Paid
Fund: 20 lac bank loan + mother-in-law FD of 3.5 Lac+ my form 16 + my husband IT return (All in India) total 40 lac approx
Applied Course: PG in International Business Management from Lambton college, January 2017 intake
All experience documents submitted with SOP.

Can anyone please guide me on what should I do next in order to get visa?
Will re-applying with different course will help- say Marketing Management and Professional Sales?

Khanhanu

Oct 27, 2016
hardeep bal said:
Hi,

Sorry I don't get your given information that, how D (diploma) pharmacy takes 6 years to compete?

I assume you have 10 + 2 + 6 = 18 years of education and you are applying for course which needs only 12 level education so, it seems not logical progression in your studies,

If you wish to reapply I would strongly suggest you to re-take your IELTS and get atleast overall 6.5 not band score less than 6.0 and apply for post-graduate courses instead of post-secondary (as you have 6 year education after your 12)

Thank you

Best of luck
Its not Diploma of Pharmacy
its. Pharm D (Doctor of Pharmacy). just google it. (it was introduced in India in 2008) Pharm D is much towards clinical side. we have hospital posting right from second year and 6th year i.e. the final year is internship.
Diploma of pharmacy is D. Pharm.

I will be applying for CAIPS notes and
yes will be retaking IELTS to get an offer letter for Pharmacy Technician
I have differed my admission to Pharmacy Technician (2 years Ontario college diploma course) and the student coordinator have told me to submit my ielts score by march.

Do you think this course will be apt saying its 2 years and its credentials are ontario college diploma not ontario college certificate 1 yr course like before. Please can you enlighten me and tell me the difference between ontario college diploma and ontario college certificate.

My classmate has applied for Pharmacy technician course for jan intake and is waiting for her result. As seen on this forum there are 2 Indian Pharm D graduates who got admitted in Pharmacy Technician and their visa was also approved, last year.

Do you think my chances to get a visa are slim, when applying again after 4 months, although different course (which other Pharm d students applied for and got approved) because i have one refusal letter in hand.

Ps- The requirement for Pharmacy Technician is also 10+2 but with some additional requirements if you're 10 +2 , one has to clear (HAOE) Health Occupations Aptitude Examination.
But if we have college degree i.e. if we have a minimum of two years Postsecondary education (which is assessed at a post secondary level) with a science major and a minimum GPA of 2.0 , will be exempt from writing the HOAE.

abin278

Star Member
May 18, 2016
Winnipeg
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
25-01-2020
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
10-09-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Submitted with Application
VISA ISSUED...
11-11-2016
@Khanhanu
Your consultants cheated you. They lied that you are not eligible for Master's after Pharmacy or other medical programs from India. I myself am a Pharm D graduate (3rd batch of India) and is starting my Master's Program at UofManitoba in January. If you would like to do Master's, go for it. Don't listen to theses stupid consultants as they always try to misguide you into taking courses for which they get bulky commissions. Don't fall prey to their deceptive advises.

Sep 12, 2020

12th percentage - 78.6%
10th percentage - 82%
GIC- 10,300 cad

Hi.. Could you please let me know the details of PharmD graduates who got admitted and got their visa approved??