App. Filed.......
10-12-2014
Nomination.....
25-02-2015
AOR Received.
31-03-2015
Med's Request
waiting
Thank you for your interest in studying in Canada. I have reviewed your study permit application
and supporting documentation to assess whether you meet the requirements for a study permit
(https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/
eligibility.html). This includes assessing whether you are coming to Canada temporarily for the
reason(s) you describe in your application. I have determined that your application does not meet
the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) (https://lawslois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/I-2.5/index.html)
and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations
(IRPR) (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/sor-2002-227/index.html). I am refusing
your application.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by
paragraph R216(1)(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/sor-2002-227/
section-216.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will
leave Canada, based on the following factors:
• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the
details you have provided in your application

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you for your interest in studying in Canada. I have reviewed your study permit application
and supporting documentation to assess whether you meet the requirements for a study permit
(https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/
eligibility.html). This includes assessing whether you are coming to Canada temporarily for the
reason(s) you describe in your application. I have determined that your application does not meet
the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) (https://lawslois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/I-2.5/index.html)
and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations
(IRPR) (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/sor-2002-227/index.html). I am refusing
your application.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by
paragraph R216(1)(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/sor-2002-227/
section-216.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will
leave Canada, based on the following factors:
• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the
details you have provided in your application
Is this for the first or second refusal? Did you order GCMS notes for your first refusal and then make suggested changes based on reason? If you didn’t order them, then order now and don’t reapply until you can address reasons.. Applying again gives an air of desperation. Did you apply for the second study permit right away? Thought you got first refusal in February.

The reason for refusal can mean anything - program not relevant to education and career, no career opportunties, not showing ties to return, IRCC doesn’t believe you are coming to Canada to study as a e genuine student. Given your many TRV refusals and now 2 study permits, IRCC believes you are not going to leave. You want to live in Canada permanently.

What did you change with the second study permit? Need a Masters program at this point.

descan

Star Member
May 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-12-2014
Nomination.....
25-02-2015
AOR Received.
31-03-2015
Med's Request
waiting
Is this for the first or second refusal? Did you order GCMS notes for your first refusal and then make suggested changes based on reason? If you didn’t order them, then order now and don’t reapply until you can address reasons.. Applying again gives an air of desperation. Did you apply for the second study permit right away? Thought you got first refusal in February.

The reason for refusal can mean anything - program not relevant to education and career, no career opportunties, not showing ties to return, IRCC doesn’t believe you are coming to Canada to study as a e genuine student. Given your many TRV refusals and now 2 study permits, IRCC believes you are not going to leave. You want to live in Canada permanently.

What did you change with the second study permit? Need a Masters program at this point.
I changed nothing but my agent advised to relaunch as there was no reason given according to him. I am going to order gcms notes as you suggest

descan

Star Member
May 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-12-2014
Nomination.....
25-02-2015
AOR Received.
31-03-2015
Med's Request
waiting
I changed nothing but my agent advised to relaunch as there was no reason given according to him. I am going to order gcms notes as you suggest
My selected course is event managment which allings with my diploma in tour and travel management. Agent keep saying that this is generic reason and if college or course was a reason they will mention in refusal letter. Also fees is paid and seat is secured with my IELTS general score which is not possible in all colleges. Is there any other way i can address ties to country issue. Can i go for judicial review.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
My selected course is event managment which allings with my diploma in tour and travel management. Agent keep saying that this is generic reason and if college or course was a reason they will mention in refusal letter. Also fees is paid and seat is secured with my IELTS general score which is not possible in all colleges. Is there any other way i can address ties to country issue. Can i go for judicial review.
So if you changed nothing then why would you expect an approval? That ”generic” reason may be due to choice of program given your many TRV refusals and your first study permit refusal. You can file for judicial review if there was an error in law. Given you never filed for GCMS for your first refusal and never changed your second application then how will you know there is an error in law. Paying for a seat and having IELTS score doesn’t give you approval. Showing that your current job will be enhanced with the program and will lead to higher paying jobs and promotion is what you need to show. Why do you need to take an events management course in Canada? How can you justify the costs? You clearly are trying to not leave Canada. IRCC knows this, and a judicial review may bring up all past refusals too. A JR doesn’t give you a study permit. It allows you to argue the error in law that was made (you have to figure that out) and then if you win, another VO will review your application. It may still be refused.

descan

Star Member
May 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-12-2014
Nomination.....
25-02-2015
AOR Received.
31-03-2015
Med's Request
waiting
So if you changed nothing then why would you expect an approval? That ”generic” reason may be due to choice of program given your many TRV refusals and your first study permit refusal. You can file for judicial review if there was an error in law. Given you never filed for GCMS for your first refusal and never changed your second application then how will you know there is an error in law. Paying for a seat and having IELTS score doesn’t give you approval. Showing that your current job will be enhanced with the program and will lead to higher paying jobs and promotion is what you need to show. Why do you need to take an events management course in Canada? How can you justify the costs? You clearly are trying to not leave Canada. IRCC knows this, and a judicial review may bring up all past refusals too. A JR doesn’t give you a study permit. It allows you to argue the error in law that was made (you have to figure that out) and then if you win, another VO will review your application. It may still be refused.
Ok Agreed , so what do you think should i do now. Apply GCMS should be the first thing i believe.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Ok Agreed , so what do you think should i do now. Apply GCMS should be the first thing i believe.
Depends. If you want a JR you have to do it within 60 days so contact a lawyer. Research the JR process and understand it and decide if there was an error in law. Or you wait for GCMS, make changes to your application and reapply.

Reactions: step1234

descan

Star Member
May 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-12-2014
Nomination.....
25-02-2015
AOR Received.
31-03-2015
Med's Request
waiting
Depends. If you want a JR you have to do it within 60 days so contact a lawyer. Research the JR process and understand it and decide if there was an error in law. Or you wait for GCMS, make changes to your application and reapply.
I guess before i do JR will put my best and reapply if i see there was any other relevant reason as at this point i can not establish any new ties to country. Is there a way i can DM you @Naturgrl

descan

Star Member
May 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-12-2014
Nomination.....
25-02-2015
AOR Received.
31-03-2015
Med's Request
waiting
Which program at St. Clair College?

What is your past education? What is your past work experience?

You need to order your GCMS notes.
Event Management , Bcom , Pgdbm Tour and Travel. I have experience working both as travel consultant and accountant. I will ordee gcms notes. Hopefully i get result soon.