+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study visa refused

Gkaur410

Feb 7, 2016
Hello,
I have an admission letter from a university in Canada for MBA course. However my study visa has been refused.
My husband is a Canadian PR. I applied to as an international student showing my father in law as my sponsor. I showed 25%. Of the total fees as liquid money in our accounts, scholarship letter and property assessment on the name of sponsor. But my visa was denied for following reasons:
1. They think I won't be able to pay my tuition fee.
2. I will not leave canada because of family in Canada and in country if residence.
3. Financial status and assets in country of residence
4. Purpose of visit
5. Other reason that my proposed course is not in line with my education and previous employment.

I am an engineering graduate and have been employed in power sector for past 4 years. Now I want to pursue MBA.
I attached the above mentioned financial proofs and original acceptance letter from university. Please advice what should I do. My classes will start next month.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
It sounds like you didn't show sufficient funds for one. You needed to show enough liquid money to cover first year tuition + $10K in living exepenses + $2-3K in travel expenses.

Gkaur410

Feb 7, 2016
Hello. Thanks for response.
I want to confirm the following:
1. Is sponsorship from my in laws and from my husband for complete tuition and expenses is acceptable?
2. Is it necessary to take loan on my name, even if my sponsors can show enough liquid funds for complete tuition and expenses? Also my husband has a job in canada, and i can show his employement letter and payslips.
3. My Husband is a PR, which implies them that I may not come back as i have family ties is Canada. How should I respond to it.

pzz

Star Member
Dec 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2015
Med's Done....
26-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-02-2016
What kind of scholarship did the university offer? I mean, how much does this cover for your tuition fee?

Kabbka

Star Member
Dec 1, 2015
Im so sorry about ur refusal
Can you elaborate more on your timeline ? When did u apply and how and from where ?

Gkaur410

Feb 7, 2016
II applied from India. I got admission offer on Jan 8, 2016. I applied Visa online on Jan 19, 2016.
THen i got my refusal on 6th Feb. Course will stat n 14th March 216.
M tuition fee is $82000 CAD. Scholarship was given was univesity for $15000 CAD.
I showed liquid money CAD 50000 and confirmation of CAD 5000 admission fee which i have already deposited.

Gkaur410

Feb 7, 2016
Also please suggest is it necessary to add spouse name in passport , if husband wants to sponsor me for my studies?

re3dv

Star Member
Sep 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-02-2016
IELTS Request
25-02-2016
File Transfer...
26-02-2016
Med's Request
22-03-2016
Med's Done....
31-03-2016
Interview........
22-03-2016
Passport Req..
25-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
15-04-2016
LANDED..........
Soon InshAllah
What is the duration of the program? A year or two? U also need to accomodate the expenses of living for first year i.e 10000 CAD
if u hv shown 50000 already and ur showing 15000 in sholorship form then ur stil left with 27000 tht needs to be paid in future (including living xpenses)
If ur husband is going to be ur sponsor n if he has enough money then u wont hv any financial issue but u stil have to prove tht u will return after completion of studies which is pretty damn difficult for u seeing tht ur husband is a canadian resident.
Changing the passport to husband's name is a pretty logical thing to do.
Even if u deal wd al other reasons of refusal u hv mentioned above, u stil wld remain wd the second reason..ur family ties in canada and country of residence. Which family tie is stronger then a spousal tie? Ur strongest tie is in canada..u can show financial ties or employment ties or something n try

neerav

Dec 16, 2015
Gkaur410 said:
Should I mention that I will be applying for inland PR application based of spouse sponsorship ?
DON'T THINK ABOUT IT!!
they have already mentioned that you will not leave Canada due to family in Canada, by doing this you will destroy your case.
talk about it to a genuine counsellor.
BEST OF LUCK ;) ;)

re3dv

Star Member
Sep 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-02-2016
IELTS Request
25-02-2016
File Transfer...
26-02-2016
Med's Request
22-03-2016
Med's Done....
31-03-2016
Interview........
22-03-2016
Passport Req..
25-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
15-04-2016
LANDED..........
Soon InshAllah
U cant
Its better to apply for spousal visa directly from India

neerav

Dec 16, 2015
Gkaur410 said:
Then please suggest how can i convince them that i will return back to india.
you should attach your property evaluation in your hometown and also you work experience in India. you can also submit your bills.

luvanuj

Jul 14, 2011
Toronto
Gkaur410 said:
Hello,
I have an admission letter from a university in Canada for MBA course. However my study visa has been refused.
My husband is a Canadian PR. I applied to as an international student showing my father in law as my sponsor. I showed 25%. Of the total fees as liquid money in our accounts, scholarship letter and property assessment on the name of sponsor. But my visa was denied for following reasons:
2. I will not leave canada because of family in Canada and in country if residence.
4. Purpose of visit
5. Other reason that my proposed course is not in line with my education and previous employment.

I am an engineering graduate and have been employed in power sector for past 4 years. Now I want to pursue MBA.
I attached the above mentioned financial proofs and original acceptance letter from university. Please advice what should I do. My classes will start next month.
1) Firstly, if you husband is a Canadian PR - why did not he sponsor you and applied for your PR. [ Thats a big question running into their mind ]
2) Fees shown is very low
3) How much assets did you show that will bring you back to the home country ?

You have not shown any ties that proves you will come back to India. It is very difficult to convince visa officer that your intention of going to Canada is for studies.

You could have shown dual intent - you want to visit ur husband, spend some time together and finish up your studies.

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Express Entry FSW Outlander
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
Gkaur410 said:
Hello,
4. Purpose of visit

I am not going into the financial part of the whole stuff partly because i may not be much knowledgeable on that.

But what surprises me is that in-spite of your husband being a Canadian PR holder why are you applying there as an international student and paying thrice the tuition fee for your studies (not sure about your relationships with your husband).
Rather the easier route for you would have been that you apply for your own PR first (independently) or your Canadian husband sponsors you for PR and once you get your PR, you can apply for your admission as a local student thereby paying much less fee and also no need to show PoF etc etc...

According to me these may be the main reason why you may have been denied the student visa.