+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Visa refusal

Slycollins

Star Member
Oct 28, 2019
Hello All,
I applied for a study visa for my nephew on May 16th. 2023 and July 4th 2023 the final decision was refused. The reason the officer gave was a lack of proof of funds and that he is not convinced that my nephew can pay his other fees without working in Canada.

Now my question is can I re-apply for him immediately?

rcincanada2019

Jan 14, 2023
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
03-07-2022
Nomination.....
30-03-2022
AOR Received.
03-11-2022
Hello All,
I applied for a study visa for my nephew on May 16th. 2023 and July 4th 2023 the final decision was refused. The reason the officer gave was a lack of proof of funds and that he is not convinced that my nephew can pay his other fees without working in Canada.

Technically, you can apply anytime. But if you want to have a better chance in the next application, do not apply without ordering GCMS first to know the exact reason for refusal.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello All,

How old is your nephew? Does he have the funds to attend school? Your funds are not relevant.

Reactions: Slycollins

Slycollins

Star Member
Oct 28, 2019
How old is your nephew? Does he have the funds to attend school? Your funds are not relevant.
He has paid the required fee by the college, the college required he pays a 1st-semester fee, which he had paid. I was just a co-sponsor. Are you sayig if I become the full sponsor it is irrelevant.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
He has paid the required fee by the college, the college required he pays a 1st-semester fee, which he had paid. I was just a co-sponsor. Are you sayig if I become the full sponsor it is irrelevant.
Correct. He is not your immediate or extended family. How much in funds did he show? How much is total tuition/years of program.

Reactions: Slycollins

Slycollins

Star Member
Oct 28, 2019
So it is a one year program? How much did he show in funds? So how is he paying for the other $9k plus $10k in living expenses.
That is where i come in, he will be staying with me and my family. He just graduated from College this June, he studied computer science, and he work remotely for international organization back home that was how he raised his fund. He didn't have that much fund. Can I also sponsor him, it is a 2 year course on IT

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
That is where i come in, he will be staying with me and my family. He just graduated from College this June, he studied computer science, and he work remotely for international organization back home that was how he raised his fund. He didn't have that much fund. Can I also sponsor him, it is a 2 year course on IT
So were funds the only reason for refusal? Even if he is living with you he still needs to show the funds for living expenses. So it is $36k in tuition and minimum of $20k for living expenses. So about $56k. There is no such thing as sponsorship. How much is he (or parents) showing in his bank accounts? How much in funds are you showing over the past 3 months? He can try with your fund but they do not have to be considered because you are not his immediate or extended family.

Reactions: YVR123