+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study VISA reapplication

Humpholito24

Sep 20, 2019
This is a very important thing you brought up. My agent suggested I skip mentioning about my work, but you’re absolutely right... the GCMS notes might already have data about my work experience. I just need to creatively bring up why I’m more into business than technology.

Also, I need to provide a solid reason for 1 year gap after I quit my work in 2018. How would you suggest I showcase that period?
Can I provide an internship letter from a local business? - I ask this because this would also help me say that I will return back to country and work full time.

Thank you so much for your input.
Yes. Include everything you want to make your SOP stronger. Also make sure you explain how GBM will help you together with your current bachelors.

Reactions: shrreyo

shrreyo

Nov 2, 2019
But, you will again have to justify in your SOP the reason for not telling the VO about it in the previous application. Please do not alter any details that you have mentioned in your previous application for VISA. The VO will know all about that.
I need guidance on re-writing my SOP... how exactly do I mention these points?
How exactly do I specify that I didn’t attach internship but now I’m attaching these ... in a formal way?

Also, do I have to quote sentences from my previous SOP? And explain the same?

shrreyo

Nov 2, 2019
Yes. Include everything you want to make your SOP stronger. Also make sure you explain how GBM will help you together with your current bachelors.
What if I say I am no longer interested in technical field, and want to give my complete focus towards developing my own business?

Humpholito24

Sep 20, 2019
I need guidance on re-writing my SOP... how exactly do I mention these points?
How exactly do I specify that I didn’t attach internship but now I’m attaching these ... in a formal way?

Also, do I have to quote sentences from my previous SOP? And explain the same?
Don't quote. They have all the information. Just say on your previous application you happen to forget to attach proof of internship etc

Olamide319

Nov 1, 2019

1. We are all ears. Whats up?
Good Day every one,I got rejected last week because of purpose of visit,employment and family ties to home country..I want to share my SOP here for anyone to go through and see the reason why I was denied
No 4b Deeper Life Street,
Port Harcourt, Rivers State,
Nigeria.
September 20th,2019

Visa Consular,
Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada.

Sir/Madam,

I, Mr. a Nigerian descent would like to apply for a study visa in order to further my education in Canada, I have completed a Bachelor's degree in Electrical and Electronics Engineering from the Federal University of Technology Minna, Niger state, Nigeria in 2017. Motivated by my desire in this field, I have gained an admission offer to study Embedded System Engineering Design in the prestigious Lambton College for January 2020.

My childhood was filled with unrelenting tinkering of machines and systems, which comprised of the wonders surrounding the workings and design of the likes of washing machines, cars and televisions. Throughout my high school, my curiosity for the technical underpinnings of Electrical/Electronic seamlessly increased. This curiosity led me into reading every manual I came across and the urge to understand how machines work, inspired my Bachelors degree studies in Electrical Electronics Engineering at the Federal University of Technology, Minna Nigeria.

During my first degree I developed a love for embedded system due to the courses I took. These courses are inclusive but not limited to digital electronics, analogue electronics design and control engineering. In 2016, I partook in the Student Industrial Working Experience Scheme which was a requirement for my degree program where I interned at Ayo Ayodele pharmaceuticals chemists Ltd, here I gained working experience in factory operations and control systems. After my experience, I furthered on to major in embedded/control and instrumentation systems, I conducted my final year research project in the design and construction of an energy saving system using a monitoring device, of which 70% of my design was done through my knowledge in embedded systems. After completion of my first degree, I participated in the mandatory one-year National Youth Service Corps program (NYSC), where I was posted to a secondary school to help instill the knowledge gained from my days in the university to the students, which I did diligently. On completion of my NYSC program, I gained an internship with Rocktop Safety Integrated Services Ltd where I also gained hands on experience and training of automation and control (PLC, SCADA and EMBEDDED SYSTEMS).

I choose to study embedded system engineering design because of the fast-growing need in today's workplaces for advanced skills, related to the design and development of software and hardware solutions for embedded electronic systems. ESED delivers a unique interdisciplinary learning experience in embedded system fundamentals, design concepts and integration of modern communication principles with industrial and electronic devices which meets my desired field of further studies.

All of my past endeavors make me highly motivated and energetic at adopting new attitudes and encountering new things. This is why I chose to keep improving myself by considering a post-graduate degree at Lambton College, Canada. In my search to foster my studies, I came across Lambton College which I found a perfect fit for further studies. The post-graduate diploma offered at Lambton College will surely substantiate me with the right acquaintances, dexterity, and practice to accomplish my professionalism. Communication protocols, advanced system programming, in depth study of operating systems such as (Linux) are among the few courses I wish to pursue. Also, the opportunity to work with highly experienced and skilled staff members along with the prominent facilities available would definitely help me in my academic pursuit.

As I considered the options for my postgraduate studies, Canada was my first choice because the Canadian educational system has a friendlier approach to international students with high international rankings. Furthermore, I would get the opportunity to interact with and be exposed to competition from the best students from around the world, get introduced to various cultures and ethics, as well as improve my communication skills. Canadian universities offer well known and widely accepted degrees all over the world. Canadian qualification will surely be a strong base for boosting my career and building my future.

The required admission deposit is 8185 CAD for my first term, but 15710 CAD for the full year has been paid on my behalf by my sponsor who is my cousin . My sponsor’s bank statement is attached to accommodate my total tuition and living costs for my first and second year in Canada. A sponsorship letter from him is also attached.

On the acquisition of this degree, I would return to my home country and pursue the career of my choice with the newly acquired outstanding skillset and join the design, production, and manufacturing industry. My vision is to provide advanced solutions to the problems we are currently facing in the Nigerian Production sector, as most manufacturing industries are now using Programmable logic Controller (PLC),Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA), Distributed Control Systems (DCS) software to protect, control and monitor the industrial machines and equipment which help increase the efficiency of productions and also ensure the safety of workers. All these systems are made up of embedded systems and they require advanced academic knowledge which is currently lacking in Nigeria. Thus, bridging the existing skill gap in the industry, mentor youths who do not have the privilege to acquire this knowledge and improve production capacity while reducing cost of production and also increasing production efficiency of local industries where applicable. I am confident I possess the intellectual and practical skills necessary to succeed in this program. The theoretical and field training will be a great learning experience for me to share with, and make a positive impact in my home country.

During the course of my study, I undertake to fulfil the conditions of my visa.

Thank you for your attention.

Yours faithfully

Reactions: EugineK

Humpholito24

Sep 20, 2019
Good Day every one,I got rejected last week because of purpose of visit,employment and family ties to home country..I want to share my SOP here for anyone to go through and see the reason why I was denied
No 4b Deeper Life Street,
Port Harcourt, Rivers State,
Nigeria.
September 20th,2019

Visa Consular,
Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada.

Sir/Madam,

I, Mr. a Nigerian descent would like to apply for a study visa in order to further my education in Canada, I have completed a Bachelor's degree in Electrical and Electronics Engineering from the Federal University of Technology Minna, Niger state, Nigeria in 2017. Motivated by my desire in this field, I have gained an admission offer to study Embedded System Engineering Design in the prestigious Lambton College for January 2020.

My childhood was filled with unrelenting tinkering of machines and systems, which comprised of the wonders surrounding the workings and design of the likes of washing machines, cars and televisions. Throughout my high school, my curiosity for the technical underpinnings of Electrical/Electronic seamlessly increased. This curiosity led me into reading every manual I came across and the urge to understand how machines work, inspired my Bachelors degree studies in Electrical Electronics Engineering at the Federal University of Technology, Minna Nigeria.

During my first degree I developed a love for embedded system due to the courses I took. These courses are inclusive but not limited to digital electronics, analogue electronics design and control engineering. In 2016, I partook in the Student Industrial Working Experience Scheme which was a requirement for my degree program where I interned at Ayo Ayodele pharmaceuticals chemists Ltd, here I gained working experience in factory operations and control systems. After my experience, I furthered on to major in embedded/control and instrumentation systems, I conducted my final year research project in the design and construction of an energy saving system using a monitoring device, of which 70% of my design was done through my knowledge in embedded systems. After completion of my first degree, I participated in the mandatory one-year National Youth Service Corps program (NYSC), where I was posted to a secondary school to help instill the knowledge gained from my days in the university to the students, which I did diligently. On completion of my NYSC program, I gained an internship with Rocktop Safety Integrated Services Ltd where I also gained hands on experience and training of automation and control (PLC, SCADA and EMBEDDED SYSTEMS).

I choose to study embedded system engineering design because of the fast-growing need in today's workplaces for advanced skills, related to the design and development of software and hardware solutions for embedded electronic systems. ESED delivers a unique interdisciplinary learning experience in embedded system fundamentals, design concepts and integration of modern communication principles with industrial and electronic devices which meets my desired field of further studies.

All of my past endeavors make me highly motivated and energetic at adopting new attitudes and encountering new things. This is why I chose to keep improving myself by considering a post-graduate degree at Lambton College, Canada. In my search to foster my studies, I came across Lambton College which I found a perfect fit for further studies. The post-graduate diploma offered at Lambton College will surely substantiate me with the right acquaintances, dexterity, and practice to accomplish my professionalism. Communication protocols, advanced system programming, in depth study of operating systems such as (Linux) are among the few courses I wish to pursue. Also, the opportunity to work with highly experienced and skilled staff members along with the prominent facilities available would definitely help me in my academic pursuit.

As I considered the options for my postgraduate studies, Canada was my first choice because the Canadian educational system has a friendlier approach to international students with high international rankings. Furthermore, I would get the opportunity to interact with and be exposed to competition from the best students from around the world, get introduced to various cultures and ethics, as well as improve my communication skills. Canadian universities offer well known and widely accepted degrees all over the world. Canadian qualification will surely be a strong base for boosting my career and building my future.

The required admission deposit is 8185 CAD for my first term, but 15710 CAD for the full year has been paid on my behalf by my sponsor who is my cousin . My sponsor’s bank statement is attached to accommodate my total tuition and living costs for my first and second year in Canada. A sponsorship letter from him is also attached.

On the acquisition of this degree, I would return to my home country and pursue the career of my choice with the newly acquired outstanding skillset and join the design, production, and manufacturing industry. My vision is to provide advanced solutions to the problems we are currently facing in the Nigerian Production sector, as most manufacturing industries are now using Programmable logic Controller (PLC),Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA), Distributed Control Systems (DCS) software to protect, control and monitor the industrial machines and equipment which help increase the efficiency of productions and also ensure the safety of workers. All these systems are made up of embedded systems and they require advanced academic knowledge which is currently lacking in Nigeria. Thus, bridging the existing skill gap in the industry, mentor youths who do not have the privilege to acquire this knowledge and improve production capacity while reducing cost of production and also increasing production efficiency of local industries where applicable. I am confident I possess the intellectual and practical skills necessary to succeed in this program. The theoretical and field training will be a great learning experience for me to share with, and make a positive impact in my home country.

During the course of my study, I undertake to fulfil the conditions of my visa.

Thank you for your attention.

Yours faithfully

Your SOP looks great. Not sure why VO rejected you. Purpose of visit, not sure why but if it was because you have bachelor and you chose PG instead of masters, it would have read your proposed studies are not.... blah blah blah. employment, I guess you needed to attach proof of internship and work experience? Family ties, I guess because of your cousin (relative) and not your immediate family. But still, not sure why your were rejected. Applying for CAIPS/GCSM notes will help you know in details why VO rejected you.

Maybe someone experienced can answer this.

Olamide319

Nov 1, 2019
Your SOP looks great. Not sure why VO rejected you. Purpose of visit, not sure why but if it was because you have bachelor and you chose PG instead of masters, it would have read your proposed studies are not.... blah blah blah. employment, I guess you needed to attach proof of internship and work experience? Family ties, I guess because of your cousin (relative) and not your immediate family. But still, not sure why your were rejected. Applying for CAIPS/GCSM notes will help you know in details why VO rejected you.

Maybe someone experienced can answer this.
1.I added proof of internship
'2.all my family members are in my home country, it is just my cousin who is my sponsor
In addressing this can i say
1.dat at the time I was waiting for there reply I got my job permanent with a very good salary and after informing my employers about my intent to travel they would offer me a job with a better salary and position when i am back
2.transfer landed properties from parents to myself
Strong family ties to home country I don't even know how to go about that.
Meanwhile in my home country there is no where this course is been offered...I need help to reapply so that I would meet my admission date,meanwhile my application was replied in less than 3 weeks which was very easy compared to the 8 weeks approx time for my country

Humpholito24

Sep 20, 2019
1.I added proof of internship
'2.all my family members are in my home country, it is just my cousin who is my sponsor
In addressing this can i say
1.dat at the time I was waiting for there reply I got my job permanent with a very good salary and after informing my employers about my intent to travel they would offer me a job with a better salary and position when i am back
2.transfer landed properties from parents to myself
Strong family ties to home country I don't even know how to go about that.
Meanwhile in my home country there is no where this course is been offered...I need help to reapply so that I would meet my admission date,meanwhile my application was replied in less than 3 weeks which was very easy compared to the 8 weeks approx time for my country
Family ties, you can use your family properties to show ties in your country. Yes, you could say your are persuing PG to learn in deep details since your employer has a better job offer for you. (Show proof of course) since on your last paragraph you mentioned the lack of skilled workers in ESED.

shrreyo

Nov 2, 2019
What kind of business? Don't say you are not interested in technical field. Show progression.
Noted!
I’m really confused if I should reapply online or paper based.
My agent suggest that I apply paper based as I can submit more documents and submit my passport along with it.
One thing I cannot risk is a delay in application processing as my classes start from January.
Thoughts?

Humpholito24

Sep 20, 2019
Noted!
I’m really confused if I should reapply online or paper based.
My agent suggest that I apply paper based as I can submit more documents and submit my passport along with it.
One thing I cannot risk is a delay in application processing as my classes start from January.
Thoughts?
Paper based takes longer. I would suggest online. you can also submit as much documents as you want. You can merge the optional document with SOP.

shrreyo

Nov 2, 2019
Here's the update on my application so far:

Reapplied for Study Permit under Non-SDS category.
Submitted my documents through VFS on 12th of November.

I have only received one or two updates saying my application has reached IRCC and is currently being processed.

Any further communications, I shall post update here.

Humpholito24

Sep 20, 2019
Here's the update on my application so far:

Reapplied for Study Permit under Non-SDS category.
Submitted my documents through VFS on 12th of November.

I have only received one or two updates saying my application has reached IRCC and is currently being processed.

Any further communications, I shall post update here.
Good luck