+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study visa/permit for U.S citizen?

Dec 27, 2019
Good afternoon everyone, I will get right to the point.

1. Graduated college with associate degree in 2016.

2. Worked as uber driver in New york city since then to present and also got technician job in Nov. 2018 to present.

3. Ielts: 5.5 writing, 6.5 listening , 6.0 reading , 8.5 speaking.

4. When was 14 (2010) got arrested for stealing vitamins and case was closed and sealed after 6 month probation. I just went canada 5 months ago and was never asked anything.

With all this if I apply for study visa/permit to study 1 year HVAC trade program after getting offer letter - will I get approved? I will show all the funds needed money wise. Trade school is Designated learning institute and they do not even need IELTS scores as I am US citizen.

Thank you for the help!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Good afternoon everyone, I will get right to the point.

1. Graduated college with associate degree in 2016.

2. Worked as uber driver in New york city since then to present and also got technician job in Nov. 2018 to present.

3. Ielts: 5.5 writing, 6.5 listening , 6.0 reading , 8.5 speaking.

4. When was 14 (2010) got arrested for stealing vitamins and case was closed and sealed after 6 month probation. I just went canada 5 months ago and was never asked anything.

With all this if I apply for study visa/permit to study 1 year HVAC trade program after getting offer letter - will I get approved? I will show all the funds needed money wise. Trade school is Designated learning institute and they do not even need IELTS scores as I am US citizen.

Thank you for the help!
You should be fine - however you obviously have to declare the arrest in your application. Include all of the details, including the probation, details of the case being closed and sealed, etc. I would recommend you apply in advance online (rather than at the border) since the fact you have a previous arrest may cause your application to take longer to process.

Hopefully you are aware that being a Canadian PR or Canadian citizen is almost always a mandatory requirement to take up an apprenticeship in Canada. If you want to complete an apprenticeship, it will have to be in the US.

Dec 27, 2019
You should be fine - however you obviously have to declare the arrest in your application. Include all of the details, including the probation, details of the case being closed and sealed, etc. I would recommend you apply in advance online (rather than at the border) since the fact you have a previous arrest may cause your application to take longer to process.

Hopefully you are aware that being a Canadian PR or Canadian citizen is almost always a mandatory requirement to take up an apprenticeship in Canada. If you want to complete an apprenticeship, it will have to be in the US.
Thanks for the fast reply first!

My intake will be September and I will apply this January or February. But you think I should be fine right? The gap i finished my studies is not too much right?

No, I could work as apprentice under someone If I get 1 year work permit.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks for the fast reply first!

My intake will be September and I will apply this January or February. But you think I should be fine right? The gap i finished my studies is not too much right?

No, I could work as apprentice under someone If I get 1 year work permit.
The issue is that due to the limited amount of apprenticeships they are reserved for Canadian citizens or PR who can then live and work in Canada. Is there are reason you are not pursuing an HVAC course in the US?

Dec 27, 2019
The issue is that due to the limited amount of apprenticeships they are reserved for Canadian citizens or PR who can then live and work in Canada. Is there are reason you are not pursuing an HVAC course in the US?
As a practicing sikh I wear a turban and a lot of people here in U.S are extremely racist - especially around NYC area. They dont 't want to give you a job after seeing how you look like.

I know indian people in tronto area that are in HVAC field and hold licenses which can help me gain skills or maybe even land a job in the future.

So... there is no way after graduating I can work under someone who holds proper licenses in the field? Also, is my study gap too much or it's okay because it is filled with full time work?

Thank you for all your help guys!