+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Visa or Express Entry

KamKam

Oct 24, 2016
Hello Friends

I have a very tricky issue and will want your advise.

My husband is in Canada and has a PR however he has not completed his residency obligations as he did not complete his 730 days stay yet.

so he cant sponsor me.

Now to join him I can go through options.

I am an IT professional and I can either go for a Express Visa or apply for a student visa and do a 2 year course and eventually He can sponsor me.

What option you would recommend me.

Regards
KamKam

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Well, I am not positive about this, but I see some issues with the whole plan. If you apply for either, you would need to identify that your husband is a PR in Canada and that would possibly trigger them looking into his PR during the background checks. That may, in turn, further trigger a review of his residency. If you don't mention him, then it's misrepresentation and that will bite you down the road if he does sponsor you at a later date. And then there is the whole "your husband is in Canada, and we don't think you will leave" issue with a visa and a possible refusal. I'm thinking you are going to have to tough it out where you are until he can sponsor you or it may lead to something neither of you want.

Some of the other more experienced forum member may have a better idea, but that's my view.

Naheulbeuck

Aug 14, 2015
Unfortunately I can only agree, any interaction with IRCC will likely result in a spotlight being put on your Husband's failure to meet his RO and therefore may lead to the revocation of his PR status.