+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study visa medical (Urgent)

Lazy_thinker

Aug 21, 2020
Hello all,
I am from India and I plan on migrating to Quebec this winter for my studies. I am applying for the visa but I have not undertaken the medical examination yet. I have read that you get around 90 days to complete the check post the visa submission. Has anyone applied for a student visa recently without the medical check-up done before? Did you need to include a reason for why you did not take the medical before submitting the visa application?
Any help or advice will be highly appreciated.
Thank you in advance.

janesama

Aug 14, 2020
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-04-2022
Med's Done....
13-08-2020
LANDED..........
16-11-2020
Hello all,
I am from India and I plan on migrating to Quebec this winter for my studies. I am applying for the visa but I have not undertaken the medical examination yet. I have read that you get around 90 days to complete the check post the visa submission. Has anyone applied for a student visa recently without the medical check-up done before? Did you need to include a reason for why you did not take the medical before submitting the visa application?
Any help or advice will be highly appreciated.
Thank you in advance.
It depends whether you are doing SDS or non-SDS route. Upfront medical significantly speeds up processing for your case since you won’t have to wait for a medical request and then a few weeks after you took it for results. Also, if by some chance your x-ray not going to be spotless and they will thus suspect TB, Canada might request for an additional examination, and that can take up to 3 additional months. That’s why upfront is better

Reactions: Abbeynla

Lazy_thinker

Aug 21, 2020
It depends whether you are doing SDS or non-SDS route. Upfront medical significantly speeds up processing for your case since you won’t have to wait for a medical request and then a few weeks after you took it for results. Also, if by some chance your x-ray not going to be spotless and they will thus suspect TB, Canada might request for an additional examination, and that can take up to 3 additional months. That’s why upfront is better
I am going for the non SDS route. Thanks for clearing up the doubt but if I don't opt for the medical upfront will I need to provide a document or a letter stating why I chose this?

janesama

Aug 14, 2020
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-04-2022
Med's Done....
13-08-2020
LANDED..........
16-11-2020
I am going for the non SDS route. Thanks for clearing up the doubt but if I don't opt for the medical upfront will I need to provide a document or a letter stating why I chose this?
Nope, for non SDS it’s completely your choice. Getting an upfront exam is only a requirement for SDS, for non SDS it is optional

Reactions: Lazy_thinker

yesha_135

Apr 7, 2019
It's best to undergo medical before filing for a visa/permit through SDS. I'm going for it next week. A little concerned about stepping into a hospital because of the pandemic, but there's little time left for the winter intake so better get things going. Good luck!

Lazy_thinker

Aug 21, 2020
It's best to undergo medical before filing for a visa/permit through SDS. I'm going for it next week. A little concerned about stepping into a hospital because of the pandemic, but there's little time left for the winter intake so better get things going. Good luck!
Going to a hospital in a pandemic is exactly what I am worried about

ryanmichxel

Sep 9, 2021
Going to a hospital in a pandemic is exactly what I am worried about
Hi, how are you? I am planning to get my medical done upfront before applying for the visa. The doctor said they'll send the documents directly to the IRCC. What will I need to give to the Embassy as proof that medical is done?