+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Visa (General,University or SDS ) Which one should choose

loveleen_62

Nov 3, 2018
Can we apply with conditional letter? i have couriered the docs and my uni say they wont offer another admission letter unless asked my embassy... m confused with this

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
I got admission for M.Eng in Univ Of Ottawa for September intake.

Which category of Visa I should opt?

Fees calculated in UOttawa is per term, therefore if I need to pay fees for 1 year then, do I need to pay 3 terms fees.
My parents have the saving deposits enough for me to complete studies in Canada but there Income Tax Return(ITR) shows only less income.
Will that be a problem when I apply for Visa?
Since no one has replied to that question yet. If your parent's income was earned legally over a period of time, and only their current source of income is low, then it will not be a problem.

However, if you are having undeclared funds, then you should know that all payments that are processed internationally are highly regulated and if there are any irregularities in the ITR, then you may be questioned about the source of the funds.

Bir96_singh

Apr 9, 2019
I got admission for M.Eng in Univ Of Ottawa for September intake.

Which category of Visa I should opt?

Fees calculated in UOttawa is per term, therefore if I need to pay fees for 1 year then, do I need to pay 3 terms fees.
My parents have the saving deposits enough for me to complete studies in Canada but there Income Tax Return(ITR) shows only less income.
Will that be a problem when I apply for Visa?
Even my university has same case as 1 year consist of 3 semester so i am applying in university category.
I know that SDS category provide you visa in less time but in case of any reputed University visa officer see it as a genuine case so pay fees of 2 terms and pay for GIC and file for visa.
Best of luck.

Reactions: loveleen_62

Bir96_singh

Apr 9, 2019
Which means university candidates cant apply for visa under sds??
You can apply visa under SDS but as selvakk said it can be expensive as you have to pay the fees of 3 terms upfront.
My counsellor from IDP said that university checklist visa is as reliable as SDS because we are not applying visa to study in college we are applying visa to study in university which infact is proof that our case is genuine.

Reactions: Anshveer

Anshveer

Star Member
Mar 29, 2019
You can apply visa under SDS but as selvakk said it can be expensive as you have to pay the fees of 3 terms upfront.
My counsellor from IDP said that university checklist visa is as reliable as SDS because we are not applying visa to study in college we are applying visa to study in university which infact is proof that our case is genuine.
yap

university category is for student who apply under university

loveleen_62

Nov 3, 2018
If we apply online in general category do we need to take appointment for biometrics or directly they ask us to give?
One of my frnd applied on 27 online and have his biomterics on 17 april ..!
M bit confused in this

manu07.sharma

Jan 7, 2019
If we apply online in general category do we need to take appointment for biometrics or directly they ask us to give?
One of my frnd applied on 27 online and have his biomterics on 17 april ..!
M bit confused in this
You have to book appointment for biometrics yourself on vfsglobal website.