+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study visa from Pretoria

camani

Oct 23, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tatti said:
I'm Zimbabwean but we also use Pretoria. I sent all my documents hoping to speed up the process including my passport which is frustrating because I can't even make other plans. I even sent a case specific enquiry but they haven't responded. Tried calling and they said they don't give such information over the phone so yea now I'm just waiting hoping for a favourable response from them soon
sorry to hear about ur passport. i know how u feel expecially if u reside in SA u need the passport for other things. you should have support your application with only biodata page of your passport. they do accept that and vfs staff also advice applicant to submit copy of passport and permit if u using permit. the cic in pretoria will request for original passport if application is approved.

camani

Oct 23, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Livie9 said:
couple of my friends are on canada now one said it took 2 & a half months the other 4 months
ya thats correct. it takes 2 3 months . processing time in pretoria is longer

tatti

Mar 31, 2015
Oh my word guys I just asked my friend that stays in Hatfield to go find out what is causing the delays with applications and they told her they have a lot of backlog and they are only still working on October applications. :eek:

camani

Oct 23, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OCtober applications????? are you sure your friend got that info from the cic pretoria . i mean from their office?

wow thats wow.

Livie9

Feb 27, 2015
:-\ :( WOW! If I had known canada was this much of a hassle I would have opted for somewhere else! I can't keep pushing back my application! The Embassy is ridiculous

camani

Oct 23, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Livie9 said:
:-\ :( WOW! If I had known canada was this much of a hassle I would have opted for somewhere else! I can't keep pushing back my application! The Embassy is ridiculous
Hi, if you didnt submit your passport along with your application, i think you can still try other country aussie, usa. with canada especially if u said u submit MARCH like i did. hehehehe only God knows. if that information was true that they busy with October 2014 applications . hehehe we not applying for PR here.

Livie9

Feb 27, 2015
camani said:
Hi, if you didnt submit your passport along with your application, i think you can still try other country aussie, usa. with canada especially if u said u submit MARCH like i did. hehehehe only God knows. if that information was true that they busy with October 2014 applications . hehehe we not applying for PR here.
I already paid tuition and you only get a refund if you get denied a visa I believe. This is just depressing, I hope this info isn't true cause when my friend applied he said he submitted it during the strikes but got it in 4 months so why are there backlogs now

camani

Oct 23, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Livie9 said:
I already paid tuition and you only get a refund if you get denied a visa I believe. This is just depressing, I hope this info isn't true cause when my friend applied he said he submitted it during the strikes but got it in 4 months so why are there backlogs now
Ya u right with the tuition, if you intentionaly withdraw before outcome of visa , the school will deduct alot .u wont get 90% of your money. well we just have to hang in there and wait . as i knew from other people that applied via cic pretoria . they usually finalise application somewhere within 3months. so hey it might be 3 or 4months. but thats not cool , cant see what is there that cic is really verifying. i bet they dont received lots application than usa or the uk. but those one decide very quick.

Livie9

Feb 27, 2015
camani said:
Ya u right with the tuition, if you intentionaly withdraw before outcome of visa , the school will deduct alot .u wont get 90% of your money. well we just have to hang in there and wait . as i knew from other people that applied via cic pretoria . they usually finalise application somewhere within 3months. so hey it might be 3 or 4months. but thats not cool , cant see what is there that cic is really verifying. i bet they dont received lots application than usa or the uk. but those one decide very quick.
yeah they don't get many applications, I asked the doctor that did my medical (only one in my region) and he said I was the 4th person to apply for Canada last year. I heard Australia takes 3 weeks! its like my life is is on hold. plus why wouldn't they change the processing times on their website if they now take longer. Nigeria is over 30 weeks!

a2015

Mar 31, 2015
Hellow
tatti/camani/Livie9

The information from tatti I think confusing. When I was submitted my application at VFS Pretoria they told me processing time would be 3 months. Some of my friend got medical call in 2 months(applied in Dec2014 Medical call Feb2015). So what tatti is saying makes me confused now.

tatti

Mar 31, 2015
Yes we were all told that it takes 3 months max. I applied in November hoping to go in January I was also worried about the delay so I sent my friend to go find out.