+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study visa for students with HFA/Asperger

brdiy

Feb 19, 2020
Two questions:
  1. Will this cause complications in applying for Study Visa? My daughter has HFA. She has no problems with academics but would sometimes struggle with dealing with emotions or with socialization. I know that many Canadian universities have support for these cases, but can this be an issue when applying for a visa?
  2. Assuming the above poses no problem, as a parent on a visitor visa, will I be "red-flagged", if say I stay with her for like 3-4 months at a time (during school months)?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
1. Hard to say. The majority of International students are really there to bring in extra money. Any additional medical issue can be a drawback for the school, some people get denied due to expensive medical needs or if there is a fear that the person will not be able to succeed in Canada on their own. Very hard to comment since it is not a common situation.
2. There is never a guarantee that you will be able to remain in Canada that long especially if you may be doing this numerous times a year for many years. Students are expected to be capable to be independent. If that isn’t an option would consider going to a school closer to home.