+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study visa denied

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Hi,

I'm sorry for posting it here. My student visa was rejected 2 times already. I am an electronics engineer and currently working for 4 years in a telco company in my country. I applied for Early Childhood education at Saskatchewan Polytechnic.
Here is the reply from my first application.
1. have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to pay the tuition fees for the course or program of studies that you intend to pursue.
2. have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to maintain yourself and any family members who are accompanying you during your proposed period of study
3. have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to pay the costs of transporting yourself and any family members who are accompanying you to and from Canada.
1. purpose of visit
2. employment prospects in country of residence
3. current employment situation
4. personal assets and financial status.

Before applying for the 2nd time i make sure i have C$25000 in my account, Certificate of Employment, Business permit which is under my mother's name, acceptance letter from the school in canada as well as all the admission proofs, ITR, family information, ielts result, Transcript of record, medical, passport, id pictures, application form but it was still rejected with these reasons.

1. I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
2. I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your current employment situation.
3. I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.

I hope you can help me. I am so frustated and don't know what to do.
Get your caips notes before you apply again.

Your study program makes no sense given your background, you are an electronics engineer, how will early childhood education degree help your career once you go back home? It is a big signal to them that you are looking for an excuse to immigrate. If you think you can explain this then you need to do so in your study plan.

Is $25,000 enough to cover 1 year tuition + 10,000 + 3-5000? Are there any red flags about how this money was obtained in you account? e.g. did you deposit large sum into account all at once? Mothers business permit does not seem relevant here as it is not your money.
If your mother will support you financially then there are a lot of her documents you must also include see the visa office instructions for your country.

If your country has SDS also look into that option and paying full year fee and opening GIC account to prove finances.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes your course selection makes no sense and would likely pay a lot less. It seems like you are planning on bringing your family with you based on the 1st refusal. $25000 will not be enough to support a family and study. Without knowing more about your case can't comment more but seems like they do not feel like you are a genuine student.

Joy M.

Aug 15, 2018
Yes your course selection makes no sense and would likely pay a lot less. It seems like you are planning on bringing your family with you based on the 1st refusal. $25000 will not be enough to support a family and study. Without knowing more about your case can't comment more but seems like they do not feel like you are a genuine student.
Thank you for your reply now its clear to me.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Most of the consultants are out to make money but you should also be doing your own research especially if the plan doesn't make sense.

chizzy232

Aug 16, 2018
Thank you for your interest in studying in Canada. After careful review of your study permit application and supporting documentation, I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). I am refusing your application on the following grounds:

reasons
1,• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your travel history
2,• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit
3,• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.

You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be accompanied by a new processing fee.
base on my thoughts i guess and dont understand why the did this,i summited bank statement of 12million naira,graduated with a certificate of medical doctor last 3 months,i visited germany,and i studied and still live in geogia,please i need an advice and more explanation .on what step to take,i got admission health care administration in a college,please i need advice Thanks

If0706

Aug 24, 2018
Hi All,

Applied in SDS and got rejected stating I am not a bonafied student and will not leave canada after my studies. Now I am applying in General Category with supporting more financial docuements along with strong SOP.
I am sponsoring myself so In funds apart from 1yr tuition fee + GIC I am showing 20,000 CAD (second yr tuition fee is 14k CAD) available in my personal account.

Please let me know is it strong enough : Your Feedback will highly be appreciated.

oyukuwife1234

Sep 13, 2019
I applied for a study visa and an accompanying family member which is my 1 year old son. We both applied on the 3rd and his visit visa was rejected on the 10th based on family ties in Canada and Nigeria and that he won’t return to home country. My application is still reading is there any chance of approval for me? And also can the rejection for my son be changed to approval after review of my application? Please answer am really confused

Maleek0007

Star Member
May 17, 2019
Can my sister changer her status from single to married because the agent she used on her last application registered Single mother for her,and it was a reason she was denied,can she adderea this?

SOFRED

Jan 24, 2020
Hello! I applied for Study Permit together with my wife and our 7-yr old kid (both as Accompanying Members). As common as is my wife applied for an Open Work Permit (OWP) and my kid for a Study Permit (for elementary school). I was recently noticed that my Application for Study Permit has been approved; however, my wife and kid got a refusal letter based on the following grounds. For my wife "... I am not satisfied that you have have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to maintain yourself and any family members who are accompanying you during your proposed period of study". For my kid was the same plus "...you will leave Canada at the end of your stay based on family ties in Canada and Mexico... you will leave Canada at the end of your stay based on the purpose of your visit... not sufficient and available financial resourses to pay the tuition fees..."
So, how or why is the officer determining that my wife has not sufficient financial resourses to maintain herself and her family? My proof of funds was over from what is required, and the purpose of an OWP is precisely she will work and get a job. And my kid, I mean he is 7-yrs old comming with us as a family, he has no self-financial resources, will not be paying a tuition fee or attending an specific program (other than a public elementary), and will leave Canada at the same time his partents do. Remember my application for Study Permit has already been approved.
So, you have any advice on this? Will be very helpful to know why did this happen and figure out how to solve it. TNX!!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello! I applied for Study Permit together with my wife and our 7-yr old kid (both as Accompanying Members). As common as is my wife applied for an Open Work Permit (OWP) and my kid for a Study Permit (for elementary school). I was recently noticed that my Application for Study Permit has been approved; however, my wife and kid got a refusal letter based on the following grounds. For my wife "... I am not satisfied that you have have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to maintain yourself and any family members who are accompanying you during your proposed period of study". For my kid was the same plus "...you will leave Canada at the end of your stay based on family ties in Canada and Mexico... you will leave Canada at the end of your stay based on the purpose of your visit... not sufficient and available financial resourses to pay the tuition fees..."
So, how or why is the officer determining that my wife has not sufficient financial resourses to maintain herself and her family? My proof of funds was over from what is required, and the purpose of an OWP is precisely she will work and get a job. And my kid, I mean he is 7-yrs old comming with us as a family, he has no self-financial resources, will not be paying a tuition fee or attending an specific program (other than a public elementary), and will leave Canada at the same time his partents do. Remember my application for Study Permit has already been approved.
So, you have any advice on this? Will be very helpful to know why did this happen and figure out how to solve it. TNX!!
Families of international students are not guaranteed permits/visas. There is no guarantee that you or your wife will find jobs so you must shoe that you can afford to support your family without additional funds. Paying for your studies are always the primary concern.

Niyati Patel

Jan 24, 2020
Hello,

My Best Friend had got admission in Seneca college Toronto,Canada in may intake but he got Visa rejection just within 1 day after biometrics stating the reason that they don't think he will go back to India after completing his studies. So can anyone plzz suggest me something what to do now ? And is there any chance to get visa if he re-applies again for visa ?