+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Visa Approved but Visas for Family Denied - TIME SENSITIVE ISSUE

Optimux

Jan 4, 2019
Santo Domingo
Hi. We are a couple with three kids (3,9,14). My wife has just been approved for her Study Visa but the visas for myself (to work) and our three children were denied. It seems odd that they would allow for a family's separation and not allow at least for the kids to go with her or perhaps deny us all together.

I will request the notes of the immigration official to find out his/her logic for this decision and hopefully apply again for our Visas but I wanted to know if anyone has seen anything like this before or better yet, has been able to solve it quickly.

This problem is time-sensitive because, unfortunately, the request for such notes takes about 30 days and my wife should start her studies in less than such 30 days. So, she should be traveling to Canada alone while we stay at home trying to find out the reasons for the denial and submit a new application for our Visas, if that's possible at all (that is if we decide to separate our family without any certainty that we will be reunited in Canada soon enough, since they can reject future applications too).

Any comments would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Jun 8, 2019
Thanks all (CANADA VISA) STAFS
IAM ziyad Ahmed Othman
I live in Saudi Arabia with my family,
My nationality's Somalia
I have wife and Children,I want to go Canada Insha Allah, I want to study there
I will hope again to help that idea

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
The basic reason should be there in your rejection letter/notice. Unfortunately spousal work permits are not guaranteed.

Optimux

Jan 4, 2019
Santo Domingo
The reason stated in the rejection letter is, as you said, very basic and does not provide enough information to determine which factors were taken into consideration for issuing this decision. It is something along the lines of "I am not convinced that you will leave Canada by the end of your stay".

vindin

Star Member
Jun 18, 2017
Visa Office......
Sharjah
The reason stated in the rejection letter is, as you said, very basic and does not provide enough information to determine which factors were taken into consideration for issuing this decision. It is something along the lines of "I am not convinced that you will leave Canada by the end of your stay".
How many days after application did you recieve the decision?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
As previously noted families of international students are not guaranteed visas/permits. Even if you reapply there is no guarantee that you will be approved. You’ll have to decide as a family whether being separated is something you are willing to do. I would encourage you to get GCMS notes to see why you were refused and whether it is something you can overcome.