+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Visa Application from South Africa

papalexi

Jan 5, 2020
Yes, If we lucky enough it can 7 weeks someone told me. I am starting 6 Jan .Was planning to be ther Dec 16 for orientation but dont think i will make it.
Did you get any feedback? what is the way forward if we get the visa after the 6th

Bdayz

Jan 5, 2020
I have been told they are fully booked here in Cape Town until 31st January 2020 got a date. I need to do this within 30 days. Is there anything i can do?
You will need to go to a neighboring country to complete the medical since it is not restricted to your home country. You have a better shot in Zimbabwe, Namibia or others. I was in same situation as well, but I flew to Ghana and completed my medical in less than 24 hours. No appointments or booking required; I guess SA has a of lot of active travellers.

papalexi

Jan 5, 2020
Asive
Did u get any feedbacks.
Thanks all of you, I managed to linked my application yesterday. There is a video on YouTube which explains. They are busy with background check and eligibility since. Last update was Dec, 2. Hopefully this week there should be movement.
Concerning the medicals, there should be room for emergency, I think she should explain her situation or do as Asive adviced

cherrypie90

Star Member
Nov 14, 2019
happy new year guys.. i am hoping this month will all receive good news concerning our visas.. about starting dates, i guess all we need to do is wait.. cuz we cant go anywhere without study permits

papalexi

Jan 5, 2020
Very frustrating.
My school has asked me to drop the courses I have registered and cancel the accomodation to give other students a chance. Despite all the money I have spend. Meaning I can't even go if the visa is approved.

WML

Dec 11, 2019
I think this is one Major FRAUD the government of Canada is doing. They deliberately delay the process knowing that you won’t make it anyway after start date. They deliberately ask people to pay their study fees as part of application but then they stall the process. How much money is in Canada now? If you take all student who are waiting just on this forum alone, it’s a lot of people. They need to be exposed guys. Angeke no ways. this is FRAUD!

Reactions: inkpot

papalexi

Jan 5, 2020
Is really bad. Imagine having to start to process all again. In my case the next intake is September. Even if I get the visa will expire by then. Is really disheartening.

Reactions: inkpot

cherrypie90

Star Member
Nov 14, 2019
Very frustrating.
My school has asked me to drop the courses I have registered and cancel the accomodation to give other students a chance. Despite all the money I have spend. Meaning I can't even go if the visa is approved.
your school is not being reasonable tho cuz all this is beyond your control and they should keep that place for me regardless of anything since you paid

papalexi

Jan 5, 2020
Is a masters program. The coordinator says I won't manage even if I missed I week lectures. In my case I only paid a non refundable deposite of 250 . I will get a refund of the accomodation deposit

cherrypie90

Star Member
Nov 14, 2019
Very frustrating.
your school is not being reasonable tho cuz all this is beyond your control and they should keep that place for me regardless of anything since you paid

Asive

Aug 28, 2019
Compliments of the new season, Sorry to hear about your situation papalexi. (wish you applied to an institution that has several semester intakes thats what i was looking at during my University search as well jst in case) Hence i have been deferred to April intake.
I was put on the waiting list last year in an event someone cancels. I was very lucky to be called last week to do my medicals yesterday. All the best to everyone!