+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Visa and Visitor Visa! help!

karan321

Star Member
Jun 30, 2021
Hi Guys,

I'm in dilemma now as i became PR in September last year, i want to apply for my parents visitor visa this month but there's slight issue here. My brother who is currently studying in class 12th who will be applying for graduate courses in 2023 hence will be applying for study permit.

If i apply for my parents visa and they get approved, at the time of my brothers study permit application officer might think he will overstay his permit length because he has no strong reason will be left that he may return to his home country as i'm PR here and my parents would have visitor visa too.

I'm thinking as per officers point of view because lot of people study permit are getting declined! Please i would love to have your opinions. Thank you.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi Guys,

I'm in dilemma now as i became PR in September last year, i want to apply for my parents visitor visa this month but there's slight issue here. My brother who is currently studying in class 12th who will be applying for graduate courses in 2023 hence will be applying for study permit.

If i apply for my parents visa and they get approved, at the time of my brothers study permit application officer might think he will overstay his permit length because he has no strong reason will be left that he may return to his home country as i'm PR here and my parents would have visitor visa too.

I'm thinking as per officers point of view because lot of people study permit are getting declined! Please i would love to have your opinions. Thank you.
Prioritize either your brother's application or your parents. If it's more important that your brother be approved, then visit your parents outside of Canada rather than having then apply for a TRV.

Reactions: karan321

karan321

Star Member
Jun 30, 2021
yeah I'm thinking of having my parents apply later because they can wait but if my brother's application get rejected due to this he may never will be able to come to Canada!

rose-sh10

Star Member
Jan 27, 2021
Vancouver
yeah I'm thinking of having my parents apply later because they can wait but if my brother's application get rejected due to this he may never will be able to come to Canada!
I was in a similar situation! I applied for my brother's study permit first! He just got his study permit approved and now I am planning on applying my parent visitor visa as soon as he gets his passport back.

ps: I became a PR in 2021