+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit

ashweinsn

Apr 6, 2022
i applied for my study permit in late april and i got rejected on 28 june due to staying reasons.

i reapplied on the same day with a more consistent letter. i dont require biometrics too . does anyone know how long would it take to get accepted as i start classes in september ?

DB2101

Star Member
Mar 12, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2016
AOR Received.
22-04-2016
File Transfer...
13-5-2016
Med's Done....
24-03-2016 Upfront
i applied for my study permit in late april and i got rejected on 28 june due to staying reasons.

i reapplied on the same day with a more consistent letter. i dont require biometrics too . does anyone know how long would it take to get accepted as i start classes in september ?
Hi - this was my response to another posters question earlier today, I'm pasting here as well as it may be helpful to you, there's no way to say how long any specific case takes to process but these pointers may help you understand what your application needs to have in order to get a positive outcome. Hope this helps.

Hi there, the opportunity to come study in Canada offers huge benefits that can lead to employment and permanent residency in Canada, but you need to make sure that many criteria are met, and that you follow the correct guidelines if your end goal is to live and work in Canada.
Just a few tips and requirements:
-make sure you are enrolling in a DLI, and if you are wanting to stay in Canada as a PR after your studies, it must be a program that is eligible for PGWP after graduation -not all programs are PGWP and if yours isn't, you have very limited chances of staying on in Canada.
-Financial ability to pay for your studies and costs while here. You need to be able to show you can pay for your first year.
-Ties to home country, or Ties to Canada - you must be able to demonstrate ties to your home country, showing you are willing to comply and return to your home country at the end of your permit, should you need to. Showing ties to Canada in this process will actually count against your chances of getting approved.
-the program you choose should a)be related to your previous education/experience and b)be at a higher level than what you've already achieved. So, if you have a bachelors, you should apply for a Masters for example. Any changes that you make after you've gotten your study permit will need to be within the guidelines, and updated with Immigration Canada.
-proof of past international travel where you have complied with immigration rules (to other countries, or Canada) can help your application.
-country of residence/citizenship - depending on the political situation in your home country, you can encounter problems if there is unrest which an officer may think is the real reason you are applying - having a strong case regarding your program of study is important.
-there are a lot of rules around working while studying, and non-compliance with these rules can mean the difference between being able to become a Permanent Resident in Canada after your studies.

I would strongly recommend using a CICC (Formerly IRCC) licensed consultant to help you build a planned approach to help you select the best DLI and program, to guide and inform you about living/working/staying in Canada before your course begins, through your study period, and in the PGWP period after you graduate. This will ensure your best chances of staying on as a PR in Canada (assuming that is your end goal).

Reactions: CeceKash