+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit

Wafaaly30

Jun 17, 2019
Hello everyone ,
If my semester intake for my MBA date is in January and I have my study permit/visa already, how soon can I travel to Canada?
Also,My family will accompany me, will my daughter be enrolled in the school right away? As I heard that I will have to have my enrollment letter first ‘ which will be issued in Jan’ and that how I enroll her in school?
-I have my university full acceptance letter will that help me enroll her till my enrollment letter get issued?
Thank you in advance

Reactions: hersh.taher

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello everyone ,
If my semester intake for my MBA date is in January and I have my study permit/visa already, how soon can I travel to Canada?
Also,My family will accompany me, will my daughter be enrolled in the school right away? As I heard that I will have to have my enrollment letter first ‘ which will be issued in Jan’ and that how I enroll her in school?
-I have my university full acceptance letter will that help me enroll her till my enrollment letter get issued?
Thank you in advance
Have you received your study permit and SOWP for your spouse and TRVs for your children? Those are some big hurdles to overcome first and it can take numerous months. We have first seen that sometimes children are being asked to get study permits although they should be fine with TRVs. In general international students are supposed to arrive 2-6 weeks before classes start. If arriving earlier you will have to explain why you are arriving earlier and expect to have to prove that you have the extra savings to support your family above your tuition and living expenses for the study period.

You will have to speak to the school. Depending on when you enrol your child it may make sense to wait until January. If your child is quite young starting school soon before the end of a semester is likely not to be a big deal. To enrol you will have to secure permanent accommodations. Which school your child qualifies for is dependent on the catchment area. Proof of your study permit and your acceptance letter is likely to be sufficient. If enrolment proof is needed you could always offer to follow-up when classes start in January.

If you only sent in your application recently it could be quite a while until you hear back about whether you have all been approved.

Wafaaly30

Jun 17, 2019
Thanks for your reply.

Yes I do have my study permit so as my daughter, and my husband has his open work permit, all ready.
if we are to arrive earlier than 6 weeks we gonna need to show proof of funds to cover our extra time there, what do you mean exactly, bank statements from our bank in our home country? extra cash to be declared at the airport or what exactly?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Bank account from your home country is fine. You have to have a valid reason why you need to arrive early which the CBSA agent will determine whether he feels the reason is valid and then you would have to prove that you have the extra to pay for your living expenses until you begin school.

Wafaaly30

Jun 17, 2019
Well some of our reasons would include looking for proper housing ' as my study will take 2.6 years so we want to study and get familiarized to our potential neighborhood to live in, and husband looking for work' as we want to make sure he is well established work wise so I can focus on my studies in January so we can put our youngest daughter into day care, putting in mind we are family of four.' not financial wise as we gonna proof it I am talking time wise.
Would that be enough?, not to mention we will only be 3 months earlier than my in take.

Regards

Nandy0488

Star Member
Apr 3, 2019
Hello everyone ,
Thank you in advance
Hi,
Can you please help me with my sop.
Am in the same boat. I need to apply for my study permit with spouse and kids accompanying. If you can provide me with sample sop it would be great. Thanks in advance

PriyankaPratik

Star Member
Jun 16, 2019
Hi,
Can you please help me with my sop.
Am in the same boat. I need to apply for my study permit with spouse and kids accompanying. If you can provide me with sample sop it would be great. Thanks in advance
Can you guys please help me with your SOP for reference. I am also planning for post graduate course in may 2021 with my spouse and 2 yr baby.
Also considering my baby is so small and requires me around, i am hoping my Study permit, spouse's OWP gets approved. Any thoughts on this?

Nandy0488

Star Member
Apr 3, 2019
Can you guys please help me with your SOP for reference. I am also planning for post graduate course in may 2021 with my spouse and 2 yr baby.
Also considering my baby is so small and requires me around, i am hoping my Study permit, spouse's OWP gets approved. Any thoughts on this?
Waiting for final study permit approval, trv for kids and sowp. regarding sop, I have presented my situation honestly and mentioned that I would prefer living with my family and that they would be accomanying me.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Waiting for final study permit approval, trv for kids and sowp. regarding sop, I have presented my situation honestly and mentioned that I would prefer living with my family and that they would be accomanying me.
Even if approved they currently need special authorization to come to Canada.

Nandy0488

Star Member
Apr 3, 2019
Does that mean that only international students are allowed to travel and not their dependents? What special authorization is this about...can you please let us know.
At the moment no one is allowed to travel, whether it is students or their family members. When the travel restrictions are lifted, there is an option where the whole family can travel together and you need to carry family unification letter from IRCC. This authorisation letter will let your spouse and children travel along with you.