+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit

Pratik Mistry

May 11, 2014
Hello,

This is pratik Mistry from INDIA. I got confirmed admission offer from University of British Columbia in Master of Engineering. Course will commence on 2nd sept 2014. Now my question is how should I process my study permit application, online OR offline via agent? How much time it will take to receive my study permit? What are the documents I need to keep ready while apply online, and what about bank statement, my father dont have much money to show as his bank statement, can I show my uncle's bank statement?

Please help to resolve my queries as soon as possible as I have only three months in my hand to do all these stuff.

Thanking you.

propain

Champion Member
Sep 1, 2013
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Online app is processed in 10 days so its faster. I would recommend this way.

U can do it on ur own. All ur transcripts, marksheets scanned.

If ur uncle is sponsoring u then fine.

u can show parents assets to support stronger.

Cheers

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

The CIC site will guide you throughout the whole application process. Once you press "apply now", the wizard will ask you questions related to your case and generate a personolized document checklist as a result. Then you could either print out the required forms and proceed offline or do it yourself using the website. Your uncle should present a sponsorship letter, preferably notarized, if he covers your tuition fee.

Jan 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad - Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
VISA ISSUED...
If Allah Almighty wills (Insha Allah)
Diplomatru said:
Hi,

The CIC site will guide you throughout the whole application process. Once you press "apply now", the wizard will ask you questions related to your case and generate a personolized document checklist as a result. Then you could either print out the required forms and proceed offline or do it yourself using the website. Your uncle should present a sponsorship letter, preferably notarized, if he covers your tuition fee.
[Hi both .. If a parent is going to sponsor then should i need to make letter of support in online application because it is obvious that parents are the only who can support their child ]

Jan 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad - Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
VISA ISSUED...
If Allah Almighty wills (Insha Allah)
Hi both .. If a parent is going to sponsor then should i need to make letter of support in online application because it is obvious that parents are the only who can support their child

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The letter of support is required in case of sponsorship by third party i.e. distant relative, company, charity fund, when the intent of paying for the applicant's tuition is not governed by close family ties.

Pratik Mistry

May 11, 2014
Hello,

I have checked on CIC website for my checklist for online application.
Following is the list
1- Family information
2- Request for medical exam
3- proof of means of financial support
4- passport
5- letter of acceptance
6- letter of work requirement in study
Now i have query in this 6th one, what to write in letter of work requirement in study.
@ propane, if I'll show my uncle's bank statement for financial support then is it necessary that only he has to pay my tuition fee. If i take education loan then I hope that it wont make any problem to get my work permit.

Thanks
Pratik

Pratik Mistry

May 11, 2014
Hello

well my course is of one year. After two terms there is either 4 or 8 months of internship depends on for how long you have been offered the job.

Pratik.

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If your LOA says that the duration of the study program amounts to 12 months, and during this time you are NOT required to work as part of your studies, then you probably made a mistake while going through the CIC questionnaire since this letter of work requirement falls out of this list according to your your personal information.

Your course of action should probably follow this pattern:

1) 1yr SP
2) Graduation
3) 1yr PGWP

Pratik Mistry

May 11, 2014
hi

There is nothing written in my LOA regarding whether my course required to do work or not but yes my course contain Coop program.
In my LOA it is written that Minimum expected duration of program is 12 months. And one more paragraph is given says," Students apply to UBC engineering cooperative program in early September for placement of 4 or 8 months starting May 2015. The coop fee is per 4 months and all student fees are assessed. Meng tuition is not assessed during Coop placement. Students must return to their academic studies for a minimum of 4 months following their last placement, paying MEng tuition fees and all student fees".

And how much is the total expense to stay in CANADA for one year, which is need to show as a part of financial support/bank balance.

Pratik

Pratik Mistry

May 11, 2014
hello

can anybody guide me how to write sponsor letter from our uncle. Is there anybody who has done this before, pls let me know.

Pratik