+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Without Medical Exam?

qcfille

Oct 22, 2014
Hi everyone,

I've been accepted into a college in Québec for the winter term and I've received my CAQ and everything - the only thing remaining is the study permit. The problem is that my programme starts in January 2014 and I was hoping to submit the medical exam by then. However, I have been asked to go for an additional sputum test that will take about 8 weeks. This means that I won't be able to submit my study permit application before mid-December, which will severely delay my studies, if not cancel them altogether.

Does anyone here know if it's possible to submit the application without the medical exam? Or, can I submit the application with the medical report and UMI number that I've already received but while awaiting the sputum test? If you have any actual ideas about this - not any speculations or guesses - I'd really appreciate that.

Roland

Sep 19, 2014
i had the same problem did the sputum test and i was free. but i missed my fall session now waiting for winter session study permit. i will advice you to inform your school if they can forward your program.

qcfille

Oct 22, 2014
Thanks for your replies. I went for the sputum exam today and I wasn't able to produce anything even after multiple tries. They're talking of a bronchial lavage now!

qcfille

Oct 22, 2014
studypermitportal said:
Please send me a PM and I will tell you what to do so that you don't miss your course.
I couldn't send you a PM because your inbox is full. I just want to know if I can submit my application for the permit now and then send the medical exam results later?

Oct 20, 2014
Same case with me.. Though I applied for study permit along with medicals on 20th Oct. I received a call from the hospital that I need to go for sputum test and results would take about 6 weeks..

Feeling clueless what to do next.. ??? ??? ???

qcfille

Oct 22, 2014
abhishekbajpai said:
Same case with me.. Though I applied for study permit along with medicals on 20th Oct. I received a call from the hospital that I need to go for sputum test and results would take about 6 weeks..

Feeling clueless what to do next.. ??? ??? ???
I am considering deferring my admission to autumn. The sputum test can take about 8 weeks and I'm not sure if there are any more follow up procedures to be done so I'll probably change to the autumn semester and apply for my permit once all the medicals are done in a few months. If you can delay your studies by a few months I suggest you speak to the university and see if they are okay with transferring your admission to the summer or autumn semesters.