Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
18-06-2021
Med's Request
Tbd
Med's Done....
Tbd
I applied for study permit on June 18th, they have my biometrics from last year so they are not needed and no medical exam.

i also included my spouse ,his biometrics were done 06/21/21 and our eligibility review started 07/03/21.

this is weird because my spouse is in Pakistan and might be needing medical exam ( it still says no medical needed).We haven’t received anything no medical request no BVL.

anyone else on here applied for family can shed some light on the process , also I don’t know where our applications are how do i find this out ?
it’s confusing. Thanks

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I applied for study permit on June 18th, they have my biometrics from last year so they are not needed and no medical exam.

i also included my spouse ,his biometrics were done 06/21/21 and our eligibility review started 07/03/21.

this is weird because my spouse is in Pakistan and might be needing medical exam ( it still says no medical needed).We haven’t received anything no medical request no BVL.

anyone else on here applied for family can shed some light on the process , also I don’t know where our applications are how do i find this out ?
it’s confusing. Thanks
You can't include your husband. He must apply for an SOWP. Each permit will be evaluate individually.

Reactions: RumezaJ

RumezaJ

Jun 2, 2021
Texas, USA
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
18-06-2021
Med's Request
Tbd
Med's Done....
Tbd
You can't include your husband. He must apply for an SOWP. Each permit will be evaluate individually.
I was told by my lawyer to apply together and i did. It had an option to include dependents when i was applying. they started our background checks and eligibility review together for all three of us

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I was told by my lawyer to apply together and i did. It had an option to include dependents when i was applying. they started our background checks and eligibility review together for all three of us
You can't just include your spouse they need to apply for an OWP or at least a TRV. For children the option would be a TRV or SP unless they were visa exempt. Maybe you mean you said yes to the question about whether your family would be accompanying you in your study permit application. Did your spouse actually apply for a visa or permit outside your application?

RumezaJ

Jun 2, 2021
Texas, USA
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
18-06-2021
Med's Request
Tbd
Med's Done....
Tbd
You can't just include your spouse they need to apply for an OWP or at least a TRV. For children the option would be a TRV or SP unless they were visa exempt. Maybe you mean you said yes to the question about whether your family would be accompanying you in your study permit application. Did your spouse actually apply for a visa or permit outside your application?
Yes i did it for him. Ofcourse the application is individual for all three of us, but they are being processed at the same time

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes i did it for him. Ofcourse the application is individual for all three of us, but they are being processed at the same time
His permit gets processed independently from yours so you can have requests at different times. If he is in Pakistan I would expect a medical request.

RumezaJ

Jun 2, 2021
Texas, USA
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
18-06-2021
Med's Request
Tbd
Med's Done....
Tbd
His permit gets processed independently from yours so you can have requests at different times. If he is in Pakistan I would expect a medical request.
Yes that’s what I assumed, he hasn’t received it even though the eligibility review has started . And no BVL yet for both of us

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes that’s what I assumed, he hasn’t received it even though the eligibility review has started . And no BVL yet for both of us
They may be waiting to see if your application is going to be approved before asking for medicals from your spouse.

RumezaJ

Jun 2, 2021
Texas, USA
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
18-06-2021
Med's Request
Tbd
Med's Done....
Tbd
They may be waiting to see if your application is going to be approved before asking for medicals from your spouse.
Oh wow okay. What about finding out which office is processing it ?