+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit with on campus work permit but no off campus work permit

lolo1111

Star Member
May 22, 2018
Hello,

When I received my study permit. It says I have authorization to work on campus only and not off campus. Why is it like that? I came into Canada as a Master's student studying an engineering field. Why wasn't I given the chance to work off campus while some people have the authorization to work off campus?

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
The expectation is you are a student and you showed sufficient funds to support your education ($56,000 in fact). The SV was granted to you to continue your studies......it’s not a work permit.

lolo1111

Star Member
May 22, 2018
The expectation is you are a student and you showed sufficient funds to support your education ($56,000 in fact). The SV was granted to you to continue your studies......it’s not a work permit.
Okay. But, do you know why I wasn't given an off campus work permit with my study permit??? ( I read on the CIC website some months ago that on and off campus work permit is mostly issued at the same time of the study permit to students). I was given just the on-campus work permit. Why do you think I wasn't given the off-campus work permit? some students have on and off campus work permit with their study permit??

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello,

When I received my study permit. It says I have authorization to work on campus only and not off campus. Why is it like that? I came into Canada as a Master's student studying an engineering field. Why wasn't I given the chance to work off campus while some people have the authorization to work off campus?
It happens sometimes. Why didn't you raise the problem when the permit was being issued?

You can either apply to IRCC to change the conditions of your study permit or flagpole at the Canada-US border and ask CBSA to change it.