+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit to Open Work Permit at a POE??

piglett99

Aug 14, 2019
Hi all,

We (my husband and I) are travelling to a POE in Alberta to activate his employer specific work permit. His employer obtained an LMIA for him as a skilled worker.

As I understand it I will be able to apply for an Open Work Permit as he will (hopefully) have a work permit issued as a skilled worker.

Currently I am on a study permit.

Has anyone ever done this at a POE and been successful? I curious as to if they will have a problem with me changing from a study permit to Open Work Permit.
Thanks !

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hi all,

We (my husband and I) are travelling to a POE in Alberta to activate his employer specific work permit. His employer obtained an LMIA for him as a skilled worker.

As I understand it I will be able to apply for an Open Work Permit as he will (hopefully) have a work permit issued as a skilled worker.

Currently I am on a study permit.

Has anyone ever done this at a POE and been successful? I curious as to if they will have a problem with me changing from a study permit to Open Work Permit.
Thanks !
1. No, you are going to have to wait for a spousal open work permit, as your spouse has to have the job description and 3 pay checks for you to apply.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi

1. No, you are going to have to wait for a spousal open work permit, as your spouse has to have the job description and 3 pay checks for you to apply.
No requirement for 3 payslips, as it will be a closed work permit.