+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit taking too long

thaovy99

Jun 26, 2019
Yes, I understand. But that das until August 6, deadline is already over
No I think you misunderstood powereng.

Final decision before August 6 is for student outside Quebec whose application are easier to process ( no CAQ necessary).
For students who apply for Quebec, you should take into consideration more processing time as CAQ is another extra step for VO to handle. And in order to get a final decision before the fall semester starts, you need to submit a full application with CAQ before June 30.

Anyways, stay calm. You can also contact your school to check out if it is possible for you to come after the semester starts and eventually it is possible to defer your admission.

Reactions: powereng1982

Mariaclara1802

Aug 9, 2021
Yes, I understand. I missed the deadline, delays occured in the CAQ office. But what i meant is that the people that respected the deadline, sending until June 30th, sould have gotten a decision by now. That means, in my belief, that since I missed it by 2 weeks, I should get a decision in two weeks, am I right?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
It might seem like a bad decision to have bought the tickets, but they were supposed to finish by august 6 applications until may 15th, so may21st should be arround next week or the other. Not sure that will happen, though, a bit nervous. Is my way of thinking correct?
Unfortunately there's nothing you can do but wait.

Your study permit may be approved in time or you may have to defer.

Good luck.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yes, I understand. I missed the deadline, delays occured in the CAQ office. But what i meant is that the people that respected the deadline, sending until June 30th, sould have gotten a decision by now. That means, in my belief, that since I missed it by 2 weeks, I should get a decision in two weeks, am I right?
No, not necessarily.

parisi

Aug 3, 2021
Hey,
I submitted my application in May 21st and collected my biometrics in May 28th.
The problem is that I had delays in my CAQ and submitted it only by July 22nd.
Which date will my application be processed considering completeness?
Should I expect a decision soon? The are nos finishing applications submitted by May 15th, and mine was from Mau 21st, I guess.
I have a similar timeline, I submitted my application before May 15 and my CAQ only by July 23 (due to a technical issue from Quebec). I called the IRCC and the officer told me that there is no way of knowing when I can get a decision. It might be in August or later. If we had gotten our CAQ before June 30th we probably would have gotten our study permit as of today. Since we missed the June 30th deadline we have to wait.

Does your eligibility review started?

Mariaclara1802

Aug 9, 2021
Hi!
Yes, that is Pretty unfair. Like we did all the process right but it will be delayed for the CAQ, that was also applied in time, but has delays. Anyways, no, it has not started yet, what about yours?
Also, how did you contact the IRCC?

parisi

Aug 3, 2021
Hi!
Yes, that is Pretty unfair. Like we did all the process right but it will be delayed for the CAQ, that was also applied in time, but has delays. Anyways, no, it has not started yet, what about yours?
Also, how did you contact the IRCC?
the eligibility review has not started for me either.
I contacted the IRCC by phone (I am in Canada already).
I will keep you updated
Good luck!

Rafaelhag43

May 6, 2021
Hey guys, update.
Tuesday they started reviewing my eligibility and asked me for medical. Will do them on wednesday, is that request a good sign ? If so, should I expect a decision soon?
Yes, it's a good sign. They usually send medical request once you've passed eligiblity -- so now they're gonna asses your admissibility from the medical results. If your medicals are all good, you can expect a decision in a few weeks.