+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit, Study visa, ETA....

kd0419

Mar 10, 2019
Hello guys

I am planning to study in Canada from this September, I already got accepted to an uni, and now I'm just preparing documents to apply for my visa. And I was so confused with these 3 things.

I'm applying for study permit, and is that what study visa is? Or do I need to apply for study visa?

And if I have study permit and visa, do I need ETA?

Please help

Thank you.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
If you apply for a study permit you will get everything needed. Study permit + temp residence visa TRV.

There is no such thing as study visa.

ETA is for people from visa excempt countries who want to travel to Canada they dont need a TRV they get an ETA online almost immediately.

kd0419

Mar 10, 2019
If you apply for a study permit you will get everything needed. Study permit + temp residence visa TRV.

There is no such thing as study visa.

ETA is for people from visa excempt countries who want to travel to Canada they dont need a TRV they get an ETA online almost immediately.
So as long as I apply for study permit, I don't need to do anything else to enter Canada right?

ankit_s

Oct 15, 2021
Hello all, while submitting my study permit application, I missed attaching my Computer science engineering transcript. But I attached my Post Graduate diploma transcript. So my application will get rejected or they will ask for more documents to provide? Kindly help. I submitted on the 13th of October 2021 and my program starts on January 4, 2022.

ankit_s

Oct 15, 2021
Thanks for the reply. I submitted my application on the 13th. I have not got their message about biometrics. Waiting for that.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks a lot. Naturgrl. Righ now I am filling the webform. Hope it helps.
All the best. Are you doing a Masters since you have a bachelors and a pg diploma? Need to show education progress and career advancement (job promotion and higher salary).

ankit_s

Oct 15, 2021
All the best. Are you doing a Masters since you have a bachelors and a pg diploma? Need to show education progress and career advancement (job promotion and higher salary).
yes, I applied for Masters. I have filled everything about my education and work experiences. I submitted a Letter of explanation also where I have written about myself, why MBA, why from Canada, why not from my home country, Expenses, family ties, and job opportunities here once I come back to India.