Star Member
Sep 17, 2014
Jonah83 said:
Congratulation ;D

Could you please send me their number?
Hi Johan,

You can get their number from this website
www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/UAE

I am not sure if they will entertain those who have applied outside Abu Dhabi as in my case they were my direct contact and i applied on 24 April from Abu Dhabi vfs office and told them that they have exceeded the maximum recommended weeks.

mdan

Jul 8, 2016
1. Application type: Study Permit (paper based application) - VFS Kuwait
2. Intake: September 2016
3. Submission date: July 11, 2016
4. Application Status: Under Process
5. Additional Comments: none

Haven't received any email yet.

optimus.prime

Jul 3, 2016
1. Application type: Study Permit (paper based application) - VFS Abu Dhabi
3. Submission date: July 27, 2016

When I was applying, they told me that the application would take about 8 weeks. Reason for delay in my application was the acceptance from UNB.

I am working in UAE and I would need to complete all my procedures (quit job/house rental etc.) only after the visa is stamped. Don't know how thats going to be done in time. :eek: :-\

FMJeb

Star Member
Mar 15, 2016
optimus.prime said:

When I was applying, they told me that the application would take about 8 weeks. Reason for delay in my application was the acceptance from UNB.

I am working in UAE and I would need to complete all my procedures (quit job/house rental etc.) only after the visa is stamped. Don't know how thats going to be done in time. :eek: :-\
They tell everyone that the processing time is 8 weeks. It's not true. The processing time according to the CIC website is 11 weeks.
I got mine in exactly 11 weeks and 5 days. I doubt you'll get yours in time. Have you thought about deferring your admission to the next semester?

anaqi

Star Member
Jun 2, 2016
optimus.prime said:

Applying this late probably won't get you a response before the semester starts. If you're application is processed at the Abu Dhabi office it's best to apply latest by mid-June to get a response in time. Anything after that there is no guarantee.

canadalhr

Star Member
May 30, 2016
anaqi said:
Applying this late probably won't get you a response before the semester starts. If you're application is processed at the Abu Dhabi office it's best to apply latest by mid-June to get a response in time. Anything after that there is no guarantee.
anaqi its been a month since your medical is passed as your timeline states, did you get your visa? if yes, then when??

anaqi

Star Member
Jun 2, 2016
canadalhr said:
anaqi its been a month since your medical is passed as your timeline states, did you get your visa? if yes, then when??
Nope nothing yet, still waiting.

optimus.prime

Jul 3, 2016
3. Submission date: June** 27, 2016

Sorry that was a typo from my end.

mdan

Jul 8, 2016
Got rejected after 3 weeks. Reasons for refusal are; travel history, purpose of visit and not a bonafide student. I was accepted to UBC for masters.

swethamohanvamsi

Jun 24, 2014
mdan said:
Got rejected after 3 weeks. Reasons for refusal are; travel history, purpose of visit and not a bonafide student. I was accepted to UBC for masters.
Oops sorry to hear that. But whats with Travel history.. do you anytime visited any country which needs visa to be stamped on passport??

Try again with additional supportive documents and good SOP.

Wish you good luck...

mdan

Jul 8, 2016
Never traveled to any western countries. Thanks for the advice, I will apply for next intake.

candudeAD

Aug 13, 2016
Jonah83 said:
Hi

1. Application type: Study Permit (paper based application)
3. Submission date: July 18, 2016
4. Application Status: Passport status (wonder what this is)
5. Additional Comments: I have no idea how long it will take, looking at loooooong waiting list, I am not hopeful at all

Thank you and best of luck ...