+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit status from Abu Dhabi visa office

Jonah83

Jun 14, 2016
FMJeb said:
Hi guys. I also applied from Abu Dhabi. When you get passport submission request, how do you get it? As an email or SMS message? I am currently outside the UAE and I am so worried incase they send me an SMS and I do not receive it. Please reply. Thanks!
Don't worry you will get it through your email. Anyway link your application and check the status there.
Wish you the best :)

jonsnow

Star Member
Jun 28, 2016
Faiyazuddin said:
Hello everyone,

Firstly y no body is replying in this group and secondly I have check online tracking it showns. your application file from canada embassy office abudhabi send by courier...???? Is it send to vfs office or what I am very much worried and tense please share your experience....I am waiting for reply.

Thanks,
have you linked your application on the mycic portal? either ways let us know. Good Luck mate

FMJeb

Star Member
Mar 15, 2016
Jonah83 said:
Don't worry you will get it through your email. Anyway link your application and check the status there.
Wish you the best :)
Thanks Jonah83! I did link my application online a while back. I just got an email saying "Your application has been updated. Please sign in to your MyCIC account and check your application status and messages for more information." but when I check my account, there are no messages or updates. Do you know why this is happening?

Jonah83

Jun 14, 2016
FMJeb said:
Thanks Jonah83! I did link my application online a while back. I just got an email saying "Your application has been updated. Please sign in to your MyCIC account and check your application status and messages for more information." but when I check my account, there are no messages or updates. Do you know why this is happening?
Most of the applicants recieve fake updates like this. I think it means they are processing your application and checking the different requirements to get the visa. Lets say its in the way to be approved ;)

FMJeb

Star Member
Mar 15, 2016
Jonah83 said:
Most of the applicants recieve fake updates like this. I think it means they are processing your application and checking the different requirements to get the visa. Lets say its in the way to be approved ;)
I sure hope so! However I applied on the 4th of May, does this mean they just started reviewing my application now?? :eek:

naina2401

Jul 22, 2016
Application/profile status Open
Review of medical results Not needed at this time
Review of submitted documents No additional documents are needed at this time
Scheduling an interview Not needed at this time
Review of biometric information Not needed at this time
Final decision Not Started

Hello!!! Applied on 2nd June, 2016 & this is the status till date even after receiving 2 emails from CIC stating that there is an update in my application. My course starts in September, 2016.

Someone with similar experience , please let me know if the visa can be expected anytime soon or not as it has already exceeded the processing time (5 weeks from the date of application)

Thanks in advance :)

Jonah83

Jun 14, 2016
naina2401 said:
Application/profile status Open
Review of medical results Not needed at this time
Review of submitted documents No additional documents are needed at this time
Scheduling an interview Not needed at this time
Review of biometric information Not needed at this time
Final decision Not Started

Hello!!! Applied on 2nd June, 2016 & this is the status till date even after receiving 2 emails from CIC stating that there is an update in my application. My course starts in September, 2016.

Someone with similar experience , please let me know if the visa can be expected anytime soon or not as it has already exceeded the processing time (5 weeks from the date of application)

Thanks in advance :)
From where did you apply?

rohitrag2

Jul 13, 2016
Jonah83 said:
From where did you apply?
hi naina and Jonah, I also applied on 18th June from Qatar online (I guess it will be processed in Abudhabi) I am Indian. Till date there is no update. Only one update for submission came and all fields are like Naina. But I did upfront medicals and police clearance's not to be late if CIC asks. I got my acceptance letter late from BCIT and therefore delay. If any one applied in June via Abudhabi region please update.

ali13939

Star Member
Oct 9, 2015
Hi guys,

I applied on 2nd June from Dubai.
I applied paper based and never linked it online.
No reply yet.
It has been 7 weeks and still counting.

Keep updating everyone, it helps.

samakawg

Jun 5, 2016
Doha
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/04/2016
Med's Request
06/06/2016
Med's Done....
11/06/2016
Passport Req..
19/07/2016
VISA ISSUED...
27/07/2016
My application was changed to "Approved" on my link application tool on 25/07/16. :) Applied from Qatar
<--------------------------- All info here

0Canada

Star Member
Sep 17, 2014
Finally Alhamdullilah got visa stamped. For all those waiting, this is what i did. I called up Vfs center in Abu Dhabi explained them the delay and asked them to check with the embassy. The very next day Vfs send me an email for passport request. It only happened after i poked them and it got stamped in just 3 days.

canadalhr

Star Member
May 30, 2016
0Canada said:
Finally Alhamdullilah got visa stamped. For all those waiting, this is what i did. I called up Vfs center in Abu Dhabi explained them the delay and asked them to check with the embassy. The very next day Vfs send me an email for passport request. It only happened after i poked them and it got stamped in just 3 days.
When did you apply? And what did you explain them?

Jonah83

Jun 14, 2016
0Canada said:
Congratulation ;D

Could you please send me their number?

ub

Star Member
May 28, 2012
Visa Office......
Islamabad, Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-2016
Doc's Request.
06-05-2016
Med's Request
Was Upfront But Still Requested 05-07-2016
Med's Done....
Passed on 04-08-2016
Passport Req..
06-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2016
LANDED..........
23-08-2016
Exactly what Jonah said. I have the medical report issue. I applied with upfront and now they are asking for my medical report. If I could get the number I could give them a call and try.