+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit SDS

Gowtham kumar C

May 29, 2019
I have applied for study visa on 7th(Monday) June 2021 under Student Direct Stream category. I gave medicals and bio-metrics upfront. I got update that I passed Medical exam on 11th(Friday) June 2021. The status has changed to" We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements" on 12th(Saturday) June 2021. What is the processing time to get decision after review has started? someone please help. Thanks in advance.

dogmom

Star Member
Jun 9, 2021
I have applied for study visa on 7th(Monday) June 2021 under Student Direct Stream category. I gave medicals and bio-metrics upfront. I got update that I passed Medical exam on 11th(Friday) June 2021. The status has changed to" We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements" on 12th(Saturday) June 2021. What is the processing time to get decision after review has started? someone please help. Thanks in advance.
Right now they are holding decisions for Indian applicants. Usually before you would get the decision within 10 days of eligibility review starting but now it’s a total different ballgame. Good luck and be patient. Did you get a BVL?

MianUsama

Star Member
Feb 1, 2021
I have applied on 16th june. Biometrics done and updated on 18th june. Did upfront medical on 5th may but still isn't updated!

Gowtham kumar C

May 29, 2019
Right now they are holding decisions for Indian applicants. Usually before you would get the decision within 10 days of eligibility review starting but now it’s a total different ballgame. Good luck and be patient. Did you get a BVL?
Yes I've received BVL.

Shadow_Man

Dec 7, 2019
India
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
23/04/2021
Med's Done....
23-11-2020
Passport Req..
24-07-2021
VISA ISSUED...
13-08-2021
Yes I've received BVL.
Then that means they have made a decision on your application. Now you have to wait for then to start issuing decisions in India. If they are not gonna issue it anytime soon then order gcms notes. This is your second application btw?

Gowtham kumar C

May 29, 2019
Then that means they have made a decision on your application. Now you have to wait for then to start issuing decisions in India. If they are not gonna issue it anytime soon then order gcms notes. This is your second application btw?
Thank you for the help.
Yes, I have applied for Study permit in May 2019 and visa was denied. I have used the same bio-metrics now.
Medicals exam - 03-May-2021
Bio-metrics - Submitted upfront.
Application type - SDS category
Application Submitted : 07-June-2021
Submission confirmation : 07-June-2021
Correspondence Letter : 11-June-2021( Subject: RE: validity of your biometric information)
Review of medical results - June 11, 2021:You passed the medical exam.
We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements. 12-June-2021
After this no update so far. Can someone give any idea when can I get final decision?

Shadow_Man

Dec 7, 2019
India
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
23/04/2021
Med's Done....
23-11-2020
Passport Req..
24-07-2021
VISA ISSUED...
13-08-2021
Thank you for the help.
Yes, I have applied for Study permit in May 2019 and visa was denied. I have used the same bio-metrics now.
Correspondence Letter : 11-June-2021( Subject: RE: validity of your biometric information)
After this no update so far. Can someone give any idea when can I get final decision?
No one can tell the exact date but it is known that they are holding decision for Indian applicants. My best guess is they would start issuing it after resuming passport stamping and 2 way courier.
At this phase we can only assume things. So assuming the date of resumption is around June end or July beginning you should expect decision after those days as well.
Do note everything above is an assumption. Don't let the hopes up just because of this. Also I would highly suggest you to order your gcms notes. There could be cause of concern with how fast the application moved but do not be afraid, It is another assumption. Regardless ordering gcms is a good move and it won't cost too much if you order it from right websites.

altctrdelighted

Star Member
Dec 17, 2020
I have applied on 16th june. Biometrics done and updated on 18th june. Did upfront medical on 5th may but still isn't updated!
Same with me !

Thank you for the help.
We are all in the same boat.

sqfit

Jan 16, 2020
No one can tell the exact date but it is known that they are holding decision for Indian applicants. My best guess is they would start issuing it after resuming passport stamping and 2 way courier.
At this phase we can only assume things. So assuming the date of resumption is around June end or July beginning you should expect decision after those days as well.
Do note everything above is an assumption. Don't let the hopes up just because of this. Also I would highly suggest you to order your gcms notes. There could be cause of concern with how fast the application moved but do not be afraid, It is another assumption. Regardless ordering gcms is a good move and it won't cost too much if you order it from right websites.
Actually we cannot for sure guess that a decision has been made because a lot of people (most of them) received their BVLs within 3-5 days of application and so many of them were first time applicants as well. If the files are moving at this pace then it is very worrying as they usually take more than a month to normally process files. Either way if 4-5 days are all they need to give decisions then the 2 month processing times are for what? IRCC is working in a very uncertain manner these days so my suggestion would be to just wait and hold on. You are not alone in getting a BVL within the week of application. Be patient and wait for things to open in India. GCMS notes would take 40 days at the current trend and you will get your decision before that as and when if the VACs open in India.

itsmecan

Jun 10, 2021
Thank you for the help.
There are 2 set of candidates at the moment. One's who get quick BVL's but don't have medical updated and other with medicals updated. In the past updating of medical before BVL was always a good sign. These are just speculations, who knows maybe an officer clicked the wrong button while gorging his maple-dipped donut :D

cutiemoon

Star Member
Jun 8, 2021
Update

Aesopzai

Nov 22, 2014
There are 2 set of candidates at the moment. One's who get quick BVL's but don't have medical updated and other with medicals updated. In the past updating of medical before BVL was always a good sign. These are just speculations, who knows maybe an officer clicked the wrong button while gorging his maple-dipped donut :D
Maple dipped doughnut hahahaha

Tarun-12

Sep 22, 2021
Hey,
I have applied for Jan 2022 intake

Medical done - 7th August
Visa applied -12th August
BIL-13th August

Biometric-7th September ( updated on same date)

Medical updated-16th September

Eligibility review started on 16th September
Also under documents - no further documents needed

Can someone provide approximately how much time I will have to wait?