+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Permit Restoration/Extension Timeline - January 2020

temp11

Feb 18, 2020
Hello everyone,

I have seen multiple posts about delay in study permit extensions; CIC apparently is still working on applications received in October. I applied in January 2020, please share when you applied and got approved to give people like myself hope.

Ris411

Star Member
Jul 12, 2018
No hope left for me I have applied sp extension on November 6 ,2019 and still waiting it’s been already 105 days.They haven’t open my file even yet.

temp11

Feb 18, 2020
No hope left for me I have applied sp extension on November 6 ,2019 and still waiting it’s been already 105 days.They haven’t open my file even yet.
I read that they are currently working on Oct 24th applications so hopefully you are next.

Ris411

Star Member
Jul 12, 2018
My study permit got expired on 30 December and I got my official transcripts and letter after that.I am in this situation because of bad policies of college.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My study permit got expired on 30 December and I got my official transcripts and letter after that.I am in this situation because of bad policies of college.
Students are usually given 3 months extra when they get their study permit so you either delayed your studies or took longer to finish. This doesn’t have anything to do with bad policies at your college. All schools release their graduation results in 1-2 months after the last exams.

Ris411

Star Member
Jul 12, 2018
Bro I want to tell you that I was doing the coop work term in those days.My grades got uploaded on 20 December So I haven’t get that extra time.

trev23

Sep 23, 2019
Hello everyone,

I have seen multiple posts about delay in study permit extensions; CIC apparently is still working on applications received in October. I applied in January 2020, please share when you applied and got approved to give people like myself hope.
Hey I have applied for study permit extension along with spouse open work permit extension on january 2020. It is still showing under processing. No update of status yet. What about you? Please update. I am tensed

Tinanita

Apr 14, 2020
Hi everyone,
Do you know how long we could get the physical form of study permit after getting approved? I applied in October, got approved in 28th Feb and still not get it delivered yet :( I tried but can not call the IRCC because no one on the phone.
I need it to get money transferring from my family... This situation is suck!

temp11

Feb 18, 2020
Hey I have applied for study permit extension along with spouse open work permit extension on january 2020. It is still showing under processing. No update of status yet. What about you? Please update. I am tensed
Hey, unfortunately they haven't started reviewing my application. I am tensed too!

temp11

Feb 18, 2020
Hi everyone,
Do you know how long we could get the physical form of study permit after getting approved? I applied in October, got approved in 28th Feb and still not get it delivered yet :( I tried but can not call the IRCC because no one on the phone.
I need it to get money transferring from my family... This situation is suck!
Normally it takes a week or 2 to get your physical copy of study permit. But since this is during COVID-19, there might be delays sending out physical permit.